Prologue

Prologue:

I swing my fist around to contact the next guard in the temple. A thud sounds as the guard crumples to the ground. A small creek sounds behind me. I whirl around to face two more armed guards blundering my way. I swiftly slip into the next room purposely making a lot of noise. I go silent, hoisting myself up into the vent in the ceiling. Moments pass and they come rushing into the room. I take less than a second to aim; one bullet each directly in the forehead. Two more bodies. I slide out of the vent being careful not to touch them... or anything else in the almost empty room. I move silently outside not looking back.

I walk carefully out into the corridor placing my footsteps carefully on the wooden floor. I follow it along until I reach room that the guards have been dispersing from. Looming in front of me is a large door with an access code pad on it. I look closely and find it open. I walk into the room and watch as five heads shoot up to look at me. None of them are armed but the back wall is covered with weapons. “Say goodbye” I mutter darkly before aiming my gun at the first burley guy’s head and taking a clean shot. The other four jump into action. I drop my gun knowing they’ll assume I’m unarmed.

I close the door and flip the light switch off, leaving us surrounded by darkness. I move forward slowly, listening for each of their breaths to fill the air. I grab my dagger from my back pocket gripping it at just the right tenseness. Another breath comes, this time closer to me. I place myself silently behind the man then slide my blade across his throat. A small thump notifies me that he is now slouched on the ground. Another breath followed by a low creak. I twist my grip on the dagger lining the shot up in my mind. I throw the dagger. A grunt sounds followed by another thud. Three down two to go. I grab my silenced hand gun from my back pocket. Two more breaths followed by my own. Two shots, two thumps.

No more targets. I unlock the door without looking back. I walk swiftly to a large hall that I started in, not bothering to be quiet anymore. I grab the bottle I left in front of the door. I twist the lid off and tip it up and trailing it behind me as I walk. I keep my head facing the opposite wall and walk without looking at what I’m stepping over.

I take a moment, closing my eyes and letting my heart return to its normal pace in order to not shoot Storm the second I set eyes on him. That ass-hole has something coming to him, sitting behind that glass screen back at headquarters watching me defeat every man in this building knowing that I could have died and that I haven’t been in action in years. How he found a group with this many names on black lists I don’t know. But that isn’t the worst, the worst is that he decided not only to use one of the most complicated and high security facilities as my first assignment but he decided to use a high security drug lords hideout as some foul poetry to my life. 

I slowly open my eyes. I take in the countless bodies on the ground... time to make it all disappear. I get to the door on the other side. I unlatch it, knowing that it’s the way out of this hell hole. I take one look back before lighting a match, dropping it and making my way out.