Epilogue: When I Grow Up (#ForeverAloneChan)

"Hyung, hyung, hyung, I got this weird assignment from school!" Dino barged in through the practice room door, yelling at no one in particular.

-----

Chan had gone back to school for the first time in many weeks after promotions and overseas schedules. He had really seen his classmates for maybe about a few weeks in between all of the absences, so school felt very strange. Even though his class was mostly the same as last year, something had changed about his friends. They were all getting ready for the college entrance exams, which Dino had basically given up on. Everyone was on the edge from lack of sleep and anxiety about their futures. 

"That's why," his homeroom and Korean teacher Ms. Kim said, "I'm giving you guys this assignment. Ask older people around you for the definition of love. Ask your parents, ask your older siblings. Make sure you ask in person, not over text messages. And write it down, word for word." The class groaned. How were they going to have time to do this when they barely saw the light of day?

"And," Ms. Kim added, "Dino, you can ask all of the members you live with since you've completed none of the make-up homework that I assigned." This time, Dino groaned as the rest of the class clapped. 

"Ms. Kim... are you our fan?" 

"You betcha," she winked, doing the Pretty U pose. 

-----

Chan was surprised because usually the hyungs pounced on him as soon as he got back from school for practice

Chan was surprised because usually the hyungs pounced on him as soon as he got back from school for practice. Everyone seemed to be scattered throughout the place today, though. No matter, he thought, he would find them all and finish this before the dance practice starts. 

He first found Seungkwan and Dokyeom in the voice practice room, only being able to see their backs in a tight side hug in front of the piano. Stupid hyungs, he thought, they could take turns using the practice rooms instead of being all cramped up in there. He knocked on the door and saw Seungkwan almost leap up at the sound. They opened the door for him.

"I have an assignment from school! I have to ask you what you think love is. Who wants to go first?" 

Seungkwan and Dokyeom exchanged looks. "Aw, it's not that bad, hyung, there's no right or wrong answer. Besides, it's for school." Dino tried to look as cute as possible.  

"I think," Seungkwan offered, looking at Dokyeom, "love is timing. Two people's hearts have to come together at the same time for it to happen."

"I think," Dokyeom said, staring back at Seungkwan, "love is bravery. You have to take that leap of faith and trust that the other person feels the same." They both held a smile, gazing at each other for a few seconds while Dino was looking down at his paper

Dino scribbled the answers quickly. "Love... is... timing... annnnd... love... is... bravery... Ok, thanks, hyungs!" He rushed out of the room, not noticing that Seungkwan and Dokyeom's hands were firmly clasped onto each other's now.