Chapter 2

KAYLA POV
I wake up and start to rub my eyes. I look around my surroundings and It's dark but I can see a silhouette of a boy sitting close to a window.

Familiar voice: So you're up now huh? Listen bitch , I don't really like when business doesn't go as planned and right now, I'm sure you know you saw something you weren't supposed to see.

Me: Nigga , I know one thing is you not about to call me out my name , I ain't no bitch , matter fact I could call you the same thing you look a lil pussy to me.

Rickey: WHAT HOE?

He lunges towards me, grabs me by my neck, and starts to choke me.

Rickey: Let me explain something to you , you in my house. You ain't going no where and if you try anything a lil funny. Me or one of my boys, will kill you. Don't disrespect me in my house like that again girl, or you gone have some consequences.

It hit me. I admit it. I was scared. There was absolutely nothing I could do but listen at this point. I was real life experiencing being with one of the biggest drug dealers in Chicago.

I drowned out his words as he choked me, I guess he started to see my eyes travel to the back of my head and he let go.

Rickey: Do you understand?

Me: yes.

Rickey: Good. So what's your name?

Me: .....Kayla.

Rickey: Well Kayla you here with me now , we can either have repeats of what happened a second ago, or you can do what I say when I say it. Which would you like?

I couldn't help but admire his muscular body, his silky hair and pink lips. Shid.. what would I like? Baby choke me pleaaaase.

So I spoke.

Me: Do what you say when you say it.

Rickey: Good choice.

But his good looks still didn't take away from the fact that he was a complete murderer and pussy ass nigga who put his hands on me.

I quickly remembered my phone in my jacket pocket was still there.

Me: Where your bathroom at?

"Across the hall", he said looking at me suspiciously. "-- I'll walk you there but if I hear you trying to escape from the window you gone have to start pissing with the door open".

"Okay.", I said while smirking.

I got in the bathroom and quickly begin to text my bestfriend trying to let her know where I was:

LOOK JAYDA , I WAS WAITING OUTSIDE FOR YOU AND THESE NIGGAS KID--

The door flew open.

Rickey: What the fuck you doing bitch?!

He snatched my phone out of my hand without even looking at the message and smash it into the ground. He begin to yank my hair down and throw blows to the side of my eye. I felt him stopped and walked downstairs.

I sat up and started to cry. The pain was excruciating. I just looked in the mirror and cried even harder.

How much worse can this get?

RICKEY POV

I walk downstairs to the rest of my homeboys just thinking..

Beating people up was nothing new I did it often or had my niggas do it for me but damn. I didn't mean to hit her like that. Her eyes were so innocent and cute. Shorty didn't deserve that. Sometimes I have panic attacks and go with the first instinct. But why am I thinking this way? The bitch is just a hostage. I can't think like that.

~

Anyways my gang consist of 4 niggas. My cousin, Mike. Pedro , my Mexican nigga. Mack, he been my boy growing up since we was boys. And then there's Trey.

I been a little iffy about Trey for a while now, about 8 months now I believe. There was a drug trade happening on the block with another big drug dealer, Rico, and some shit went down and one of my homeboys got shot and died. Trey was supposed to be his backup but ran when he heard the gunshots and we have one rule in this gang: NEVER leave your brother.

Since then I been feeling some type of way about Trey, but I let him stick around cause he being alot of clientele in.

I sit down on the couch and watch them play 2K.

Me: Mike go check on the girl for me.

Mike: Yeah man I got you.

I see him walk up the stairs and I hear him exchanged words with Kayla.

He comes back downstairs and said he put her in my bed to get some rest. I didn't even get mad I just nodded at him and dapped him up.

"Aight y'all ima go upstairs and hit the sheets , goodnight . Love y'all."

Being the boss of the house they were all like little brothers to me. I always made sure they were good.

Vise versa.