Monday 6th June '16 - 11:23am

Last night, I was listening to Love Yourz by J.Cole, God's gift to Hip-Hop's music industry. You can feel that this song was made and produced with passion, the lyrics were so meaningful. However one part of the song stood out to me so bad, "there's beauty in the struggle and there's ugliness in the success".
This is so true and it is so prominent in this day and age. Don't believe me? Let me give your example, say there are two families, A and B.

A live in a so called "run down" area. They don't buy the latest shoes, clothes and other worldly things. They don't own a 500k yacht. But they are happy. They've got beautiful smiles glimmering on their faces. Their eyes full of love. Their mother just got a promotion at Walmart, a senior manager. Yes, she may not be CEO of Apple however she can provide for her family. Their father, is now finally able to afford and finish college/university. After being looked down on for aspiring to get a degree, because he comes from a "rough" neighborhood, he can finally get one.

B are succesful, living in a 10 bedroom house with millions of dollars worth of vintage, luxurious items. Their house is full of the stuff they desire and love. iPhones, Clothing, Shoes, Cars and much more. However, behind closed doors, life is hell. Their father, a wealthy bussiness man, suffers badly from depression and drinks himself into a piteous state. Their mother, an excelling entrepreneur, often lashes out in bursts of anger, beats and abuses both her children and husband. Even though the family succesful and rich, they're not happy. Happiness is the key to life. It's a major 🔑 ( I just might be DJ Khaled in the making!)

And that's all that's matters.
Ask yourself this question today. Am I happy? If you're not happy, find ways to make yourself happy or adjust parts of your life that affect your emotional state.