Chapter Three

The hands on my arms release me as I land on solid ground. It sends a jolt through my body and I roll to the ground, bracing my body with my arms, I felt a sharp pain in my knee. Uncle God I hate portals.

The room was painfully bright. Bright white light. "Dim the lights would you?" I yell, waving my arm.

The walls are made of a white stone, along with the floors. It's a prison cell, the bars made of a thick metal. I sigh, leaning against the wall behind me.

"Hello?~ Anyone out there?" I call, looking beyond the bars. It was just an empty hallway. But, a couple moments later, a hooded figure appears. Well it's obviously an Angel, most likely male, most likely a Seraph.

"Oh look. An Angel. I would bow, but I'm a little incapacitated at the moment." I say, gesturing to my injured knee.

"Why haven't you escaped yet?" The male figure asks, his voice gruff. "You're obviously an X Class Demon, so you could easily escape."

I chuckle darkly, a smirk pulling at my lips. "Under normal circumstances, yes, I would have escaped and been back in Hellion by now. If I did have my powers, you would be dead on the floor by now and I would be back in the palace."

Now it was his turn to laugh. "What an unexpected surprise. I suppose it will be much easier to interrogate you now, Princess."

I flinch at him addressing me. I guess everyone knows by now that the Princess of Hell is being held captive in Heaven. Great.

"I want to speak with my Uncle." I state, sitting up straighter.

"Your Uncle' is a little busy at the moment I'm afraid." He says, still not moving from his position behind the bars.

"Then I would like to speak to who's in charge around here." I sneer, rolling my eyes.

"You're talking to him." The figure removes his cloak hood. Well he's definitely an Angel. Most teenagers would be swooning at this point. I just sneer. His blonde hair and blue eyes don't affect me in the slightest.

"Alright. I demand you release me at once." I say, pulling myself up so I can stand, using the wall to help.

"And why should I listen? You have no authority over me, demon." He smirks, thinking he's won.

I limp over with pride, not even flinching at the pain in my left knee. I gasp the bars once I reach them, leaning towards him as far as I can.

"That may be true. Up here in Heaven, I have no authority over anyone. But, I can make you fear me." I say in almost a whisper. 

"And how can a powerless demon Princess do that?"

"Have you ever heard of the legend of the Three Demons?" I ask, but it was just rhetorical.

"Of course. It's a fairytale parents use to scare their children into behaving." He states, that's what I thought. Everyone has heard of them.

"What if I told you the legend was true?" I know he won't believe me, not at first anyway.

"Then I would call you crazy."

I scoff, meeting his intense gaze. "You'll learn, that most of the stories you hear are true. They have to come from somewhere. Oh, and did I mention I have two demon sisters?" I look straight into his eyes. In my right eye, a satanic circle appears, just like in the legend.

I watch the look of shock on his face with triumph. "I'm the one behind bars, and you fear me, how ironic." I turn away with a light laugh, heading to the cot in the corner.

"A woman needs her beauty rest." I state, and glance over shoulder to see the look of shock and anger on his face. I think I just found a new game.

And this may be the best one yet. I hope you're ready to play, angel.