Chapter Five

For once, the room is dark. It's a relief on my eyes as they search the pure darkness. I feel nothing right now, all pain and emotion gone. It feels nice actually. All the pressures of the crown gone from my shoulders.

I squint at the sudden spot light, as bright as the heavens. Oh wait...

"Princess Jillaina of Hellion." A powerful voice announces.

"For the last time, it's Jillian." I curse at the birth name. My surroundings come into focus. A series of risers wrap around the round room. A man in a white robe and large wings stands above me, behind a pedestal. I sneer at him, meeting his instance gaze. Okay, see if I can lie my way out of this one... Although, I would exactly be lying...

"You have been accused of high treason. The murder of an Angelic Being." There are murmurs that flow through the room.

"Accused! That's right! But did anyone actually see me physically kill said guardian angel?" I question, even if I'm not supposed to be asking the questions.

"Silence!" The angel's voice echoes through the room, making me wince. "Do you deny committing said crime?"

I scoff. "Well duh."

I hear a snicker to the left of my chair. I glance over and see Kile attempting not to laugh. I feel myself beginning to smile, but shake it off.

"There are witnesses that say you were holding a bloody dagger."

"It wasn't angel blood! It was forsaken blood."

"Well I have sources that tell me otherwise."

I smirk widely. "Well your sources are dipshits then..."

I hear another restrained laugh from the Seraph from my left and catch myself looking at Kile again. I stare at his perfect angelic features for a moment. This is not the time to get distracted by such things!

"I will not have you speaking about our Seraph Warriors in such a way!" He booms.

I laugh lightly. I would cross my arms if my wrists weren't chained. "Mhm. Well I'm not dissing all angels here. No worries! I'm just dissing the ones that honestly think a demon Princess would murder her Uncle's heavenly warriors. Isn't there a bit of a flaw in your accusation there?"

The Angel judging me looks infuriated. His face turns all red and he's in quite a huff. "Take her away until she's ready to talk in a dignified manner!"

"Yeah! I'm lucky I'm immortal right??" And I'm led out of the room by Kile's arm. I push him off, my chains clinking. "I don't need your assistance."

Kile has been distant since last night. And that's fine with me. At least I thought it was. Here we are, standing in the white stone hallway, and I'm staring at him again.

"Okay that's enough!" I exclaimed, shaking my head. "I'm done with your little angel games! Whatever you're doing right now, to make me feel attracted to you, needs to stop."

He looks genuinely surprised. "Jillian, Angels don't have the ability to-"

"That's enough. I've had enough. If you think it's possible for a demon to fall in love with an angel, it's not! It's just not how things work!" I not know why I'm so frustrated by this all of a sudden. His concerned blue eyes almost make me turn back, but I keep walking.

Angels are nothing but trouble.

But maybe I didn't mind this kind...