Chapter 1

Karee felt like banging her head into the nearest wall of her boss' office. Her boss, Mr.Elger, had been lecturing her on everything wrong with her latest presentation she had sent in for the past half an hour. She had worked on that recipe for months, giving up going out and anything personally indulgent just so she could impress her employers.

Now the fat balding man who called himself her superior was working himself into a tizzy, his pale face reddening with anger and sweat. She didn't understand why he was getting so worked up. Everyone else had seemed rather impressed with her work, it was the best tasting and looking cake that has past through that large scale bakery for years.

"You are not to be showing any more of this trash ever again in this industry! You're fired!" He exclaimed, his breath coming out in huffs by the end of his speech. She always had an idea that he was jealous of her baking skills. He used to be at the top until she found her place in their building, quickly surpassing many of the veteran bakers. "Y-you're kidding me! I'm fired? My cake was amazing! You can't fire me for that!" She fought, jumping out of her chair.

"According to my job description, I can. And I am. I want you gone by noon." His smile was smug as he motioned to the door. She clenched her fists and held in tears. He didn't disserve to see her cry, but she really loved her job. She got to do the one thing that made her feel happy every day. It was a dream, and it had turned into a nightmare.

She turned and walked out of the room, going over to her station to clean up. She ignored the stares of the other workers as they watched with confused expressions. When she finally took off her apron it dawned on them what had happened. Immediately she was surrounded with men and woman in white aprons, some with flour and frosting on them. "He cant fire you!" "Kaylee you cant leave!" Was what she heard as her two best friends, Kyle and Andrea, wrapped their arms around her.

"I'll be fine, I promise." she told them, keeping a blank face as she recuperated their hug."I've got to go now, come over tonight okay? We can have a late movie night, after all I have no where I have to be tomorrow." She added bitterly. She couldn't help it, she was now jobless and she didn't know what to do. She gave everyone a reassuring smile as she grabbed what little she did have and left the building.

"Worst day of work ever."

**** Thank you so much for checking this book out, I know this chapter is short but this is my first chick lit book EVER so I'm still trying to figure all of this out. If you have any constructive criticism or advice I would be pleased if you left it in the comments! If you just plain enjoyed it then click the little vote button. Bye!