Chapter One: Do It Now, Remember It Later

New and improved version of Dark and Beautiful; with new characters and new story line. I originally wrote this story in seventh grade and now I'm in 9th so I had a LOT of editing to do. Not that the story was bad, it just wasn't dark enough for me. A little too childish. Anyway hope you enjoy. ~andysfallenangel'

(PS~ if it says the name Merca, just assume I mean Sky as I was originally going to rename her Merca but decided to just go with the old name, Skylar. Oh and anything in brackets is an author's note.)

(PPS~ All chapter names will be names of songs that I feel fit the chapter and I will post them on the side)

(PPPS~ assuming that none of you will actually read this, comment "PINEAPPLES ARE LAMPS" if you actually did.)

==>Chapter One<==

“Come on, Skylar, you don’t want to be late for your own party.”

“Oh shut up, Desserae; you know I didn’t want this anyway.” I said, looking at myself in the bathroom mirror.

“Yes but Sky, it’s a party.” Dess whined from the other side of the bathroom door. I could just picture her now: sitting on my bed, filing her nails and flipping through some celebrity magazine, being her usual airhead self. Surprisingly, somehow we managed to get along.

“Yes, Dess, a party. The very one thing I can’t stand to be at.”

“Sky learn to live a little! Be a teenager, go to parties, get drunk.”

“Drunk people do stupid things.”

“But that’s the fun part!” at this point, Desserae had ignored the message of the closed door and burst into the bathroom; hair and makeup already done, clothes perfectly slutty.

“Desserae, get out.”

“You’re wearing that to the party?”

Her eyes scanned down my outfit of skinny jeans and a modest dress top and zip up sweatshirt. She was wearing a skimpy tank top and a six inch skirt that barely covered her butt. Didn’t she know that it was supposed to be fifty degrees out tonight? She was going to freeze to death in that outfit.

“Well unlike you, I don’t plan on turning into a block of ice tonight. It’s supposed to be cold out and who knows how long that party will last.”

“It’s not about function, Skylar, it’s about-”

“Yea, I know, fashion.”

“No, it’s about how many guys you can hook up with in under four hours.”

“Seriously Dess? I, a virgin, am just going to stick to my jeans.”

“I never said I wasn’t a virgin.” Dess said, pouting.

“Yea, sure, Dess, like anyone in the school would believe that.”

The whole time we had been talking, Dess had taken the liberty of straightening my hair for me. She was almost done too. I guess this is why I loved her; even though she was a pain in the butt and the complete opposite of me, she was the only person who knew pretty much everything about me. She knew what foods I like, what clothes I’d wear, how I liked my hair, when I was sad. She didn’t have to ask or even say anything; I knew she was always there for me.

“Aww, it’s nice to know you really believe in me, Sky.” Dess joked, pulling on a strand of hair and running down it with the straightener.

“Trust me, I know you Dess. It would take a calculator to add up all of the guys that you have slept with.”