Prologue

"We're here." Garnet said stopping at a square plate in the ground." Yay! We're here." Steven said running to the square platform." Where is here?" Steven asks.

"Steven," Pearl said walking up to the plate along with Amethyst." This is a gem lab. They used these to research and create different gems. We've only found it recently when-"

"Hey Steven, look at this." Amethyst says turning into Pearl and mocking her as she carries on."-and thats why we're on this mission." Pearl said ending her explanation that no one was listening to." Come on guys." Garnet said stepping onto the square platform. They step on the platform as ordered as it starts to descend." Whoa," Steven said looking down at the huge,dark lab through the glass the lift was encased in." It's soo..huge."

The lift stops at the bottom of the dark lab. Everyone steps off of the plate as it lifts back up to the surface." OK you guys, we're here for corrupt gems," Garnet said." The cluster may be gone but we still have to find and bubble them. Everyone nods." I'll take Steven." Garnet said." Yay! I get to go with Garnet." Steven said jumping with joy.

" Pearl, you take that hall and Amethyst, take that one. We'll take this one," Garnet said pointing to a dark hall in the back." Watch out For any traps that may have been set." They all nod again and split up carefully wander into there assigned hall way. The hall was dark and Steven was having a hard time seeing Garnet." G-garnet?" Steven said getting no response other than a soft murmur." Garnet?"

"Rawrrr." Steven looks behind him hearing a ghastly screech." You're n-not Garnet." A corrupt gem comes out from the shadows and tries to attack Steven. Steven dodges and runs away from the monster." Garnet?" He calls still getting no answer. Steven looks around frantically looking for any sign of the gem." Garne-" Steven trips on a rock and falls to the ground. He turns over now able to see the monster as it once again tries to attack him. Steven quickly bubbled himself ,got up and started running again but is caught at a dead end. He's cornered at the wall with only a bubble between him and the monster. He had no one to save him no Garnet, no Pearl, no Amethyst, not even Lion could save him. Steven shuts his eyes waiting for the inevitable. The bubble breaks as Steven loses the energy to keep it up. The monster raises its many arms once again getting ready to attack him.

A blue human-like creature steps in and shields Steven getting destroyed in the process. Steven opens his eyes seeing the blue creature disappear into just a gem." It's another gem." He said as Garnet came running to the scene." Steven!" Garnet said punching the monster making it lose its form and turn into a cluster of gems that falls to the ground." Steven are you ok?" Garnet asked putting a hand on his shoulder." Y-yeah I'm ok," He walks over to the blue gem that saved him picking it up. The gem was cracked." She's saved me." He holds up the cracked gem.

"G-give Azurite back." A voice said as another gem came out of the shadows. Her skin was a pale yellow in her hand a gem weapon that didn't seem to be hers it was a long blue staff at least two times taller than her. The gem was short but still a little taller than Steven and wore short orange pants that stoped near her knees with a tear along the right along with a short sleeve vest that stopped at her stomach along with the shirt under showing a bright yellow gem at her bellybutton. Her long golden hair was kept in a ponytail a top her head.She takes a step closer to Steven and Garnet holding the tall blue staff defensively her hand shaking a bit as she comes even closer." Give her back!" She shouted holding the staff  closer to her with no intent to attack." Alright, Steven gives the gem to her." Garnet said looking at the other gem not tearing away from the yellow gem's fearful gaze." Raaawrrr."

"Seems like we have some other company too." Garnet said as the monster came up behind the yellow gem and grabs her." Ahhh." The gem screams as she's squished by the giant gem mutant and loses her physical form. Just before her gem is squished into dust, the perma- fused gem comes in, poofing   the gem mutant its clustered gem falling to the ground." We have a lot more gems to deal with when we get home."

"Yeah." Steven said picking up the other gem and bubbling them together teleporting them to the basement.