Chapter Three

"Cal?" I said full of worry, was Natalie still here?

"But Madeleine, you can't freak out." He said with his eyes speaking one word, stern. He was serious.

"What's wrong?" I said squeezing his hands.

"Nobody knows, and I didn't want anybody too know," he said. Crap. Natalie was here, but why?

"Okay?" I said and when he didn't answer I added, "I promise I won't freak out."

He took a big breath and than said it, "I have a sister." I let out a laugh.

"What?" I said, not even able to believe what he just said.

"I. Have. A. Sister." He said slowly this time.

"Cal?" I asked but not wondering what I was even asking.

"She had to change rooms, so now she's above you. And she likes to get out but can only get out late at night, so that's why." He explained, my mouth was still wide open, I couldn't believe him.

"You-you have a sister?" I asked, still confused.

"Yes, she's sixteen." He confirmed, "and I'm nineteen."

"I know your age stupid, but I'm just, I'm shocked." I said and when I was about to leave he gripped my wrists.

"You can't tell anybody, promise?" He said looking serious but scared.

"I won't, I promise," and when I tried to leave he didn't loosen his grip I turned back to him about to ask him too before he interrupted me.

"Now, would you like to meet her?" He asked with a smile.

***

"Okay, don't be weird or anything," he says in front of the door to her room.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Pumpkin, I don't mean to be offensive but you tend to be a little, depressing." He said with a frown.

"I am not!" I defended back.

"What did you do when I first met you?" He asked crossing his arms.

"I slammed the door in your face." I mumbled.

"Because..." He said hoping for me to finish.

"You mentioned my caste," I sighed.

"You know I care about you but you can't flinch or freak out whenever someone mentions the caste eight. Madeleine your strong, you can get through this." He said putting his hands on my waist resting his hands on my shoulders.

If only he knew, if only he knew. "Okay," I said not able to find many words.

And before I could even think of what he said next, he moved one hand back to my waist and the other behind my neck tilting slightly. I knew what was coming next so I didn't wait for him to make the next move, I leaned in and kissed him.

Before I knew it he pushed me, gently but still eager, so my back was at the wall. I never understood why we did this so much. I guess it was because whenever I kissed him I felt this emotion. Of trust and care and kindness and passion. I've never felt it with anyone else and it was him that made it special. I have no idea how many girls he's kissed but from how he's kissing me, probably a lot. After realizing my theory was probably true I sighed.