Chapter 2

I woke up to the chirping of birds. I blinked my eyes sleepily as I looked at the clock that hung from the silvery walls. I had not realized the beauty of my room as the night before I was too occupied thinking about what I had just learned. My room was about 3 times the size of my classroom. The walls radiated a soft silvery glow, with sparkling gems all around. I had also just remembered that I would be starting training today, whatever that meant. It was 5 in the morning, I somehow felt energetic despite the fact I had just woken up. But, after finding out the truth, this seemed not so out of the ordinary, in fact, it probably was how the moon boosted my energy or something. I walked to the dining hall, making my way through a series of passages and doorways with ease. I had only been here for a day, but I felt like I had been living here my entire life. I guessed that it was true that I had lived here when I was younger before the war had started.

What's for breakfast? I wondered, my stomach rumbling. After the sumptuous dinner I had yesterday, I had my expectations set higher for every meal. When I arrived at the dining hall, I saw my parents and some other people whom I had not seen before. I greeted them briefly before going to eat my breakfast. Bacon, eggs, ham, pasta, sandwiches and much more. My breakfast certainly didn't let me down.

"Time for your training," my father reminded me. "Your trainer awaits you at the garden where you were when you first got transported, hurry there are other students waiting too." I nodded my head and went to where my father had asked me to go. At first, I didn't understand what he meant by "other students" but when I got there I saw what he meant. I saw a group of about 30 other people that were around my age, they seemed to be casting spells on dummies. Some were hitting dummies using swords with blue or purple blades. Some were throwing crescent daggers that made their way through the dummy's bodies. Strange, I didn't see those dummies yesterday.

The trainer looked about 80 years old, when he saw me, he said," Ah, Lunex, we have all been waiting for you. Lexvie had said that you were a natural warrior and would just need a brief lesson on the spells and you would be as advanced as these students here who have been training for 3 years already. I highly doubt it, but if it's true, then you truly are our triumph card to winning this war." What should I do? I wondered. If I failed it could mean the end of Lunaria. Forget casting spells, I can't even make a paper airplane.

I swallowed a big glob of saliva before saying,"Where do we begin?" he smiled, as if expecting my reactions.

"Lucento, is the most basic spell, is the most basic spell, it sends out a beam of lunar energy that harms the enemy. Normally it would take a week to master this spell, but from what I heard, it should only take you an hour or so to master it," he continued.

I nodded my head silently and pointed at a dummy and shouted,"Lucento!" I felt something warm in my blood and it rushing up my hand and into my finger, I could feel my finger burning for a second before a beam of silver light pierced through the dummy's head.

"Woah," I heard him say. "Better than I thought." I also heard surprised gasps coming from the other students. I myself also finds it hard to believe that I had successfully cast a spell. Although I could still feel my finger burning, I was proud. I, Lunex Anderson had done something I had never thought was even possible. I had just shot a laser beam out of my finger. I had a feeling that today was going to be an eventful day. Soon enough, I was learning lots of spells that I had to memorize. Levitatuslux was to make me levitate. Lushieldar was to create a shield out of lunar energy. Moonprilon was to trap my enemies in a cage of lunar energy. The most powerful spell that I had learned was eclipsedelumoon. I had to point my finger towards the sky for it to work, it sends out 12 beams of lunar energy in all directions, harming all nearby enemies. By dusk, I was already as advanced as the others, even better than some.