Chapter 3

It was only three days away from the Third of November. The day that Lexvie had predicted that Solaris would attack us. Emily and Clark were restlessly pacing about the room. I was sitting down on a chair, lost in thought. It all seemed so much easier when we were just planning, it seemed that we had an excellent chance of winning. But now as the date was approaching, I began to feel nervous. We had to leave soon as it was only three days away so we had no more time for training. If we failed, it would be the end of Lunaria. All the warriors whom I saw on my first day of training were going to fight. I wondered if the trainer was going to partake in this war too. Emily's voice interrupted my chain of thoughts. "Time to go," she said, there was a slight quaver in her voice. I got up and went to the place Aisha was kept in to ride her to the place we were going to set camp at. Emily and Clark sat behind me. We saw the whole class fly off into the distance with their Levitaslux spells.

"Fly," I commanded Aisha. She flapped her wings once and we rose into the air. She flapped her wings several times until we were high up in the air. She straightened her wings and glided at breakneck speed. Lunaria disappeared from my field of view in a matter of seconds. We zoomed past the group of warriors who were levitating. The trainer was going with them which probably meant that he was going to partake in the war. There were also some unfamiliar faces whom I assumed were from other classes.

I could see what must have been the battlefield of the first war. The aftermath of the battle was horrible. Clumps of ash and marks that were left behind by fire, black scorched the earth, huge holes that must have been left behind by explosions were littered around the battlefield. The other side wasn't looking any better. Luncut was strewn all over. The ground was also scorched, but it wasn't black. It was gray. Aisha slowly descended in a spiraling manner.

"Something's amiss," Emily said. I too felt that something was amiss. It was as if the air was holding its breath, anticipating our every move. I sensed a presence that was not from us. We were the first to arrive, the other warriors would take at least another 30 minutes to reach. Suddenly, I saw a curtain of flames, followed by at least a thousand soldiers that were made out of flames. The flames swirled and spiraled around, it seemed impenetrable. We had flown straight into a trap.

"Run!" Clark shouted. I immediately ran to where Aisha was but realized it was too late. They were everywhere. Aisha was fending off some of them, sinking her teeth into them. Clark drew his sword and slashed at them. Emily threw Luncut that made their way into several of the soldiers' bodies. They disappeared into wisps of orange smokes. No matter how many we took down, they just kept coming. There was an endless amount of them.

"Lucento!" I shouted pointing at several of them that had almost attacked me. A beam of energy pierced through 8 of them. We fought and fought, in hopes that the others would soon arrive. They had foreseen us coming. "Eclipsedelumoon!" About 50 of them disappeared into wisps of smokes

"Watch out!" Emily shouted. I turned only to see a fiery knight about to sink his blade into me. Before I could react, 8 Luncut sank into him. He turned into a wisp of auburn smoke and disappeared. Emily had just saved my life! If the team was coming, they would have been here by now. An hour had past and we couldn't hold on much longer. We all were getting too tired to fight. I looked up in the sky and saw what was keeping the others from coming. We were in a gigantic dome of fire. We hadn't noticed before as we were too busy fighting. And I probably should not have looked up as the next thing I knew, I saw a beam of solar energy pass my head. All of a sudden all of the soldiers that we had been fighting rippled into thin air, as if it were all just an illusion. A lady who had auburn hair that touched the half of her back appeared. She seemed to be one of the generals of Solaris. She had a crown on her head that was made out of gold. The word "Blaze" was engraved in orange crystals