Chapter 4

I swung my staff as beads of perspiration trickled down my forehead. Something was wrong. Very wrong. The chain of events before was extremely weird and it all seemed fake. I couldn't differentiate what was real and what was fake. Was Blaze's ambush real? Where did my injuries come from? My head hurt. I tried to focus on training but my thoughts were all messed up. Wasn't the war supposed to be then and there? Why didn't the war take place? Why was it just an ambush?

Answers. I needed answers and I needed them now. If I didn't get them, there was no way I could accomplish anything. I decided to look for my friends, maybe they could help me search for answers.

Whoosh! A gust of wind swept under my feet as Aisha lifted up into the air. I stared into the countless orbs of light in the air, deep in thought.

"Where should we look?" I asked the "gang". I think that's what I would call me, Emily and Clark.

"Where we got ambushed," Emily said, her fists tightly clenched. Everyone was puzzled why the war didn't take place. The ambush was clearly not a part of the war as the prophecy had stated that a gigantic battle would have taken place. So, why?

Whoosh! Another gust of wind swept my feet as Aisha's foot touched the ground. The place looked the same, except memories of the place were already in the back of my mind.

The spot where we had been ambushed was charred. But, something felt amiss once again. What if there was another ambush. Everything was so confusing, the war was supposed to have taken place that day!

FWOOM! A curtain of flames engulfed us. Uh-oh.

"AN AMBUSH! RUN!" Clark shouted, but it was in vain. We were already trapped with nowhere to escape. It was already difficult enough to defeat blaze, and that ambush had already taken a toll on us. This ambush would surely be designed to kill us...

Flames erupted and two figures emerged. One was a man wearing a crown with the words,"Magnus". He seemed to be made out of flames. The other was a woman wearing a crown with the words,"Cyraic". Great. More warlords. Even better. They were from my dream. At least, I knew their abilities, right?

I summoned my staff and slashed at Cyraic. Emily strafed to the left and threw her Luncut at Cyraic. Clark charged and slashed at Magnus. Aisha leaped and lunged at Magnus.

Magnus disappeared into a column of flames before spewing out endless flames from his palm. Cyraic dodged every attack and flames began spewing out of her palms too.

I leaped backward as flames licked my right ankle, the pain caused me to trip and fall. My breathing grew heavy. Emily unleashed a barrage of Luncut but they were too weak to even scratch Cyraic.

It was looking grim on Clark's side. Magnus kept disappearing and reappearing around, releasing endless amounts of flames. Aisha could not keep up and her paws were burned.

Spells! That was what we needed to use! How could I forget?

I cast a levitating spell and rose up into the air. Beams of orangish lasers shot at me. They were coming from Cyraic. I created a shield and shot her with the Lucento spell. Emily shot a widely spread barrage of Luncut and as Cyraic thought she dodged every shot, Emily snuck in a Lucento spell.

"Argh!" Cyraic screamed as the impact made her fall into the ground. I immediately charged and was about to kill her when Magnus appeared in front of me, spewing flames into my face.

Luckily, Aisha leaped at light speed and knocked into him, pinning him to the ground. Well, the tables have turned. Magnus seemed to be a much bigger threat than Cyraic, though. His illusions made it almost like he had the ability to teleport around. Sure enough, he disappeared.