twenty nine

Daniel sat in the backyard, the camera lens in his hand. He liked the warm, LA sun, and the soft grass of the yard. Chica and Lego had followed him out, and were playing together closer to the house. Daniel leaned back against the fence, watching as the sunlight bounced off the glass. He couldn't believe his friends had gone through so much effort to try and cheer him up. He had never felt so loved and appreciated.
The reality of Mark and Jack feeling as badly as he did had hit him like a truck. He couldn't believe the happiest person he knew was secretly sad, and as for Mark, he'd always had a lingering suspicion. He wasn't great at hiding the marks on his arms and thighs, Daniel had noticed.
And so Daniel sat, not trying to make a video, but deciding to be alone. He had come up with a wonderful idea.
Everyone had growing YouTube channels, they were gaining fame, and everyone seemed so happy.
Daniel decided that he was going to make a new video, but it wasn't going to go up on his channel, it was going to be for his friends.
--

Jack was suddenly miserable, the happiness of Mark's words and Daniel's revival had quickly washed away, and now he was left with a sense of dread. He needed his power to come back on as quickly as possible, he needed to talk to Mark.
Oh, God, would Mark be mad? He'd probably be mad. He was such a sensitive guy to these things, the way he saw this situation would crush him.
Jack wanted to scream. He wanted to scream and shout and tell the whole world that he was in love with Mark Edward Fischbach.
But, he couldn't.
His power had been knocked out by a storm, one that was still currently raging, thunder booming overhead. The whole apartment complex had been left in the dark, and Jack was left alone to contemplate how he could make it up to the love of his life.
--

Mark had changed his mind. He didn't want to be in love with Jack anymore. He felt stupid, and he felt betrayed. Shot down. He felt stupid, worthless, and like he'd ruined his entire friendship with Jack.
Did he even want to be friends with Jack anymore? Someone who would shut down and ignore someone who confessed their feeling, they had to be awful on the inside. But Jack wasn't, was he? No. He was genuine. He was sweet, and loving, and caring. He was the best person Mark had ever met. He was grateful to have Jack, just not right now. Right now, Mark was mad. He wanted to hit something. He wanted to break down and ruin his arms all over again, despite being clean ever since he'd met Jack.
He knew he shouldn't, but god, he wanted to. And he couldn't stop himself. Mark walked himself to his bathroom, digging his blades out from their hiding place. Maybe this could numb the pain a little.