chapter seven

chapter seven || ken doll

"Paralyzed from the neck down, do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson whispers, catching Belle's attention

"Paralyzed from the neck down, do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson whispers, catching Belle's attention. She catches Scott's eye and nods, telling him she's listening.

"I'm familiar with the sensation," Stiles replies.

"Wait," Scott says. "Why would Derek test you? Why would they think its you."

Jackson shrugs. "How should I know?

"Hold on a second, do they think its Lydia?" Belle asks.

Jackson turn towards Belle. "Who are you?" He asks rudely.

Belle rolls her eyes. "That doesn't matter, you ken doll, just answer the question."

Jackson glares at her before turning back to Scott and Stiles. "I don't know what they think of her, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry."

"Jackson!" The Coach's voice booms throughout the class. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um, just my undying admiration for my coach."

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?"

"How do we know its not her?" Scott asks Belle and Stiles.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay?" Stiles tells Scott. "And when I look into Lydia's eyes I only see 50% evil. Alright, maybe 60 but no more than 40 on a good day."

Belle sighs, running her hand through her hair. "Stiles, that's not a very good argument."

"I'm aware of that but I swear it's not her. It can't be alright? Lydia's fine."

The trio look to the front of the class and see Lydia holding the chalk in her hand, tears streaming down her face.

"Okay then, anyone else want to try answering? This time in English?" Coach asks, causing a scatter of laughter to spread throughout the room.

Scott stares at the board curiously. "What is that? Greek?"

"No, I think it's English," Stiles sighs before showing his phone towards Scott and Belle. The words in the picture are clear as day.

Someone help me.

Belle raises her eyebrow. "Yup, Lydia is totally okay."