Chapter One - Awakening

© 2013, xSleepingwithArielx

Please vote and comment, I'd love to hear your feedback! Thanks.

****

Chapter One

    “Wake up, girly,” a voice prodded into my mind, chasing away all terrifying dreams that had filled my head.  My eyes snapped open and adjusted to the dark quickly. I was lying down on an uncomfortable metal table in the dark with a man leaning over me, inches from my face.

                “Wow, how extraordinary...” the man whispered, studying my face intently. I quickly sat up, looking around the room. My senses were extremely heightened which made me think and move faster than a normal human.

                My eyes finally locked with the man next to me. He was tall and lean, yet definitely ripped. His hair was jet black and styled in a quiff. He had seductive features and an attractive nose ring, which was always something that turned me on in the past. He wore a dark black overcoat that made him look mysterious. He had a typical ‘bad boy’ look about him, but he looked like a normal human.

                “Who are you?” I asked, taking myself by surprise. My voice was smooth and seductive sounding, unlike how it had sounded in the past.

                “I am known as Alex. I’m your Guardian Demon,” he responded coolly. I narrowed my eyes and cocked my head to the side. Alex understood my confusion and continued.

                “Every human has both a Guardian Angel and a Guardian Demon. I happen to be your Guardian Demon,” he said slowly, treating me like something was wrong with me.

                “Yeah, I, uh, got that... are we in Hell? Am I dead?” I asked, not knowing that I was asking the wrong questions. Alex sighed and folded his arms, beginning a long explanation.

                “You aren’t in Hell... yet, that is. You are on Earth, in the Demon realm. And to answer your other question, yes, you are dead. After a long, painful process, you’re now a demon.”

                Short pieces of memories flickered through my brain, reminding me of the pure torture I had gone through for the past few days. I had been unconscious through the most of it, but that burning pain was something that I would never forget.

                “Why am I a-a demon? I never committed any horrible sins. Shouldn’t I be in Heaven?” I asked, my alluring voice hinted with sadness.

                “Humans have the wrong idea about Heaven and Hell. They think that if you live a good life, commit minor sins, then you get a golden ticket straight to Heaven. They think that if you are evil and commit many sins, then you get damned to Hell. But no, it’s not like that. It’s a matter of who gets to you first when you die- your Guardian Angel or Guardian Demon.”

                “And you got to me first?”

                “Not exactly,” Alex admitted before turning around and picking up an object. He turned towards me again and held out a small, handheld mirror. The handle was black and designed with delicate, intricate markings. A simple black bow was also wrapped around the handle of the mirror, adding to the mystifying aura of the mirror. I carefully took the mirror from his hands and lifted it to my face, nervously peering into it.

                The girl in the mirror wasn’t me at all. Instead of the medium length, bleach blonde hair and tan skin that I had when I was a human, my hair was now a glossy, raven black shade. It was hip length and darker than any hair color I had ever seen. My face was pale white and I had dark bags under my irritated eyes. I had high cheekbones and thin, arched eyebrows. Besides looking extremely tired and, well- dead, I looked stunningly beautiful, but something was off. I looked alien.