Chapter 1- Mother Knows Best

"Scott dear, Judy's daughter Phoebe has agreed to go on a date. Isn't that great?"

"Mom, I don't need you setting me up anymore. I'm 21 now I can find someone myself." Scott groaned while walking past his mother to head to his room.

"Oh so you're going to be single for the rest of your life." Connie argued following her son.

"I went on a date last week" Scott argued back!

"You walked out halfway through because she 'wasn't your type' Scott." His mother said using speech quotes with her fingers. 

"Whatever, I have to pack anyway" He got his suitcase out of his closet and walked into it, his mother waiting in his bedroom doorway with a confused look on her face.

"Pack? What you packing for?" Scott came out of the closet with his arms fulled of folded shirts all ironed. He hated creased shirts.

"Well since Kevin and I have both finished college now, we decided to go on a trip to LA." Scott said walking back into the closet not waiting to see his mother's facial expression. He had never been as far as LA on his own. His mother barely let him go to the shop on his own. However, she needed to realise he was 21 now, and very smart, he could look after himself.

"A trip to LA?" His mother scoft.

"Did I say trip? I meant I'm gonna staying there for 6 months" He had planned it all. He'd graduated college early and in his books it was too early. He wanted to be a teacher like his mom but still wanted to live a bit before he was going to be tied down. Kevin had suggested coming to LA to meet some of his friends he made there at college, Scott decided 2 weeks wasn't enough time away from his mother and all these dates she kept setting  him up on.

"6 MONTHS!? What about finding a job?" Connie screamed.

"That can wait. I'm still young. I'm using the college money I would have used if I didn't have that scholarship." Scott told his mom finally packing his last pair of shoes before zipping up the suitcase. He was planning on doing some shopping anyway, when he go there.

"When do you leave?" She said, knowing scott has his mind made up, she also hoped that while he was out there he would find a beautiful girl to marry.

"Tomorrow afternoon"

"Tomorrow!? when were you planning on telling me?"

"Tomorrow afternoon?" Scott laughed.

"Will you at least come to church in the morning with your Father and I" Scott's family were very religious roman catholic. They didn't smoke or drink. Scott wasn't at all curious to try either or them, either.

"Of Course"

*Next day*

The blond handed his suitcase to the taxi driver, to place in the trunk. He walked back up to his big house where his mom and dad where to see him off.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Connie said placing one hand on either side of her boys face.

"I'm sure." Scott said with a smile removing her hands and placing a kiss on her cheek. He stood back up straight shaking his dads outstretched hand before hugging him. "I'll see you guys soon. I'll text you when I land, love you!" He called back as he headed to the taxi that was waiting kindly for him.

"Are you ready?" The driver asked as Scott got in his car to head to the airport.

It takes Scott a second to answer, not really knowing if he's even going to like it in LA but knowing its worth a shot. "Yes"

A/N- Hey guys!! So I have had this idea for a long time now, and decided since I have finisned school for the summer I would work on it. 

I can't decided if I want to write the whole story or post chapter after I finish them, so tell what you think I should so!!

This story is gonna deal with homophobic language and Roman Catholic stereotypes I think. Just to let you know I know not all Catholics have theses views its just fiction :)

Make sure to add this to your library!! And comment and vote, if you like!!