Chapter 9 - Parents

Alex and I were in his bed, his head on my chest as I run my hang through his hair. I thought he was asleep until he spoke.

"When do you go home?"

"End of August. I start teaching" Saying it out loud now didn't sound as fun and exciting as before.

"Do you have to go?" He had turned on my chest so he was looking up at me.

"If I don't go I won't have a job and my parents would be so pissed." I could hear my mum now shouting at me for throwing away my life or something.

"My friend runs a music studio. He's always looking for someone to help him. People go to him to record songs for YouTube or eps and that. I know Mitch, Kirstie, Avi and Kevin record there a lot. I guess it's not as good pay as teaching but music is something you're interested in." He was right. Teaching at my age sounded bad. However, helping people record songs didn't sound like a job.

"What shall I tell my parents?"

"That you met this super hot guy and decided to stay with him and focus on things you love like music." I chuckled.

"Seriously, they are probably gonna disown me."

"Well it's their loss" he stretched up to peck my lips.

"I have to tell my parents I like boys too, don't I?" I covered my face with my hands.

"There is nothing wrong with liking boys"

"Yeah I know that and you know that but they don't. They are me when I first met you but worse"

"We'll just have to show them that LGBTQ+ isn't a bad thing." Easier said than done.

"They don't need to know right now anyway right? How long did you know you were gay before you told you parents."

"It was different for me. It was always just my mum, brother and I and I was super close to my mum,still am. I told her the day after I questioned it and she said she already knew. I was lucky."

"Your mum sounds nice." I was getting sleeping so scooted down in Alex's comfortable bed bringing him with me as my hands wrapped around his waist.

"She is. She would love you" he placed his arms around my waist and placed his head on my chest and closed his eyes.

"She would?" It felt so naturally to have him lying completely on top of me. I wasn't uncomfortable.

"Yeah, you're handsome and kind and polite. It doesn't really take much for my mum to like my friends. She trust me to pick good ones. Except my ex.."

"She didn't like him?" I asked but got no answer. "Alex?" I whispered but gave up and let him sleep, shutting my own eyes and waiting for sleep to take over.

A/N- sorry it's short.
If you're looking for a new scolex book to read then I suggest 'Our Ohana' by BeckyLouise698 its amazing
8 votes for next chapter
-Caitlin