Chapter 3- Sinners or Saints

I placed my drink down and stormed out of Jeremy's apartment in a huff.

"Scott, Where are you going?" Kevin said as he caught up to me outside, pulling on my arm so I couldn't get away.

"Home like you said. If you don't want me here then.."

"I never said I didn't want you here Scott!" Kevin interrupted. "I said if you are gonna act like you did then you should leave. I want you here."

"I'm sorry but I was taught that being homosexual was bad and I should stay away and not get involved what do you expect." I argued.

"I expect you to be the bigger person and realise that all that crap your parents taught you was wrong" Kevin said calmly.

"It's not crap!" I said defensively.

"It is, Scott!" I sighed.

"Can we please just go back to the apartment, I'm tired?"

"Yeah, I'm get Avi!"

Kevin drove back to his apartment stopping at McDonalds because Avi wouldn't stop talking about how hungry he was. Other that Avi the car ride home was silent. I went straight to the downstairs bathroom and got ready for bed.

-----
It was 7:38 when I woke. I decided that if I left before they woke up I wouldn't have to face the awkward conversation. I showered and got dresses and was packing my bag when Kevin made an appearance. Ugh.

"What are you doing?" He asked not fully awake.

"I'm leaving, if I can't get a flight today I'll find a hotel." There had to be cheap hotels around somewhere.

"Scott you don't have to go! I want you here" Kevin Stated.

"Really? Because it didn't sound like it last night."

"I was frustrated with how you handled things but I never said I wanted you to go. Please stay" He was being nice.

"Okay. What are we doing today?"

"Well Avi is gonna be in bed for a few more hours recovering form a hangover. And I was gonna go to the gym for an hour or so until he wakes up. Your welcome to join me." Yeah, it would be good to stick to my gym schedule in La.

"Yeah sure I'm change into sporty stuff now. "

About two hours later we had both showered from getting sweaty at the gym and Kevin had just woken Avi up with water and pain killers. We decided to go out for breakfast and unbeknown to me Kevin had invited Alex. I knew he wanted me to apologise.

"You want me to apologise." It was meant to be a question but I could get it to sound like one.

"Yeah. It's not hard, he's very understanding." I signed but we both made our way over to the table where Avi and Alex already sat.

"Hey, can we talk?" I asked Alex. If I was gonna do this I was doing it properly. He agreed and we went to another table away from Avi and Kevin but not to far.

"I'm sorry if I offended you last night."

"It's okay, Kevin said your parents are strict on this sort of thing. You didn't know any better."

"However, I'm 21 now and I should be my own man and stop listening to things I don't fully agree with. Everyone's always told be that being homosexual is bad and a sin but then again they say God made you. So if being gay is not a choice then why would God make you a sinner." I had been thinking about this for years.

"I'm glad you are seeing it from another point of view." Alex said, with a smile.

"I still believe in God, I mean he has to be real. However there are things that just don't add up and I'm still figuring out what to believe so I am really sorry." He just smiled at me. We made our way back to Avi and Kevin and ordered breakfast. It was really nice learning about everyone and listening to them talk about their hobbies. Avi loved singing and music, Kevin loved play cello and music, and Alex loved to paint and had promised to show me some of his paintings.

A/N- I have been procrastinating for so long but I have finally finished this chapter. How you enjoyed!

5 votes and I'll upload the next chapter

-Caitlin