The Escape

I am a thief. I am a man filled with greed. I am a mercenary. But I am no assassin. I did not kill the king. I did not betray the kingdom. I am not a traitor. I am Alexander Primstone and this is my story.

Finally it was time. After five years of being imprisoned for something that I didn't do I was finally going to be free. I had been stuck in this cell because the entire kingdom thought that one night I snuck into the emperors palace and murdered him in his sleep. They said that they had seen my face splattered with his blood before I jumped out the window into the pond below. And now I was ready to Escape.

I had memorized the guards schedule, bribed other inmates, and I have even gotten my hands on a soldier's uniform. One of the guards marched by with his spear slung over his left arm. His dark red armored vest was full of dirt. Which meant that he had just come from the arena. The arena was a small dirt field where they made us prisoners fight to the death.

The guards sometimes got in the arena to fight and kill an inmate that had become a nuisance to them. The guard had blood on his helmet and I noticed that the elf Kirow Enock was not in his cell. As he left the corridor I placed my hand on the wooden panel that i had cut out of the wall. I took out the uniform and put it on. I placed the panel back into the wall and grabbed a vial of blood from one of the inmates.

I poured the dark red blood onto the uniform and grabbed a shiv and rubbed it on the uniform. I fell to the ground and screamed,"HELP! A PRISONER HAS ESCAPED!" The warden heard my scream and rushed over to help.

"Where did he-," he lost his look of anger and donned a horrified face as he saw all the blood on me. He opened the cell and tried to help me up. As he reached to grab my hand I seized my shiv and stabbed him in the neck.

I looked him straight in the eyes and said," This is for sticking me in the arena." he fell to the ground as he bled like a fat pig. I took the cell keys and started to break out all of the prisoners. They roared in excitement and ran out.

I ran through the corridors stabbing any guards that got in my way.I saw one of them head for a small room in the corner as four guards rushed into the room with their swords drawn. I grabbed my shiv and threw it at the guards face to my right. I then grabbed his sword as two of them ran toward me.I ducked as he swung his sword with all his might and tackled him to the ground. I looked behind me and saw the other one about to thrust his toward the ground. I rolled to my right and he plunged his sword into his comrade. He screamed in rage as his friend got me into a choke hold. The one that had stabbed his friend ran at me with full force and started to punch me in the stomach.

He punched me until he heard a loud crack and I felt immense pain in my abdomen. I coughed up blood all over the ground as they released me. It felt like there were burning coals in my lungs whenever I breathed. "You arsehole!" I roared as blood dripped from my mouth. "HAHAHAHAHA, I just love it when the prisoners try to escape."

I looked him straight in the eye and said,"I'm not the only prisoner that's escaped. Check your little prison and you'll see how much of us are out." He looked at me with confusion which indicated that he hadn't heard the roar of prisoners as we fought. I took this as a distraction and grabbed his legs and pulled them toward me. He fell and with a loud crack and split his skull open. I then turned around and kicked the other one straight in the groin and grabbed his mace and with a loud crack hit his knee cap. Using most of my force I got on top of the guard and started to bash in his skull.

I got up holding my stomach and headed toward the small room. There was only a ladder heading toward the guards tower. I slowly climbed up as pain flared throughout my entire body. I opened up the hatch and was greeted with sword being thrust at my face. I ducked my head down and using my right hand grabbed the sword from my attacker. I bent his hand downward and he cried out in pain as I felt his bone snap.

He fell toward the ground, clutching his left hand. I got up and kicked him in the face efficiently knocking him out. I got up and put my hands on my head so I could breath better. I felt my elf ears, burning with heat as blood rushed through me.

I ran outside shortly afterword only to see all the guards in the city scream as they saw bloodthirsty prisoners run toward them. They notched their arrows and fired taking down most of the people in the front. The sun blinded the ones who hadn't seen the light of day in years.

I fell to the ground and closed my eyes. I heard screams of women and children as the prisoners pillaged the city of Alderon. Then suddenly thousands of inhuman roars were heard. The last thing I heard before terror filled me was the captain of the guard as he rung the bell and shouted,"FAMILIARS!"...