Chapter 2

My mind was all over the place I did not even notice him parking the car on the side of the road and waving a hand on me.

"Hey I said where do you live?"

"Huh?"

"I wonder what could have happened to you if I have let you drive alone."

"Sorry what?"

I can hear his words clearly but my brain could not process a single word.

He took my bag from me and started rummaging it.

"Hey what do you think you're doing?"

"Seeing you can't answer my question properly, I will consult your bag."

I realized he was already holding my wallet and taking out my ID?!

I grabbed my ID from him and told him my address.

"Relax, it's just an ID,or do you look bad in that photo?"

"Whatever?! Can you get out of my car, I can go home by myself." I was going to slap his hand off the stirring wheel when he grabbed a my hand and placed it back on my lap.

He resumed driving and again silence filled my car.

"Seriously are you going to do this to me all the time?" And I think I heard him cuss.

"Sorry what?"

"That!"

"What that?"

"You sure space out a lot."

"Not a lot."

"Really, for the last half hour you have been spacing out and we've been parked here for another half an hour and you haven't even noticed it."

"Sorry..." I am embarassed that's for sure.

Spacing out in front of a stranger is an invitation for invation and vulnerability.

"Whatever." He took out his mobile phone and went out of the car.

I sat there in silence, took a deep breath before going out. I heard my address and then he turned to see me walking, at least I thought I was walking.

I opened my door, rather I was trying to open my door. My hand started trembling and I couldn't put the key in the hole. Frustrated I sat down the steps and waited till my hand stopped trembling.

Burying my face in my palms I felt him sat beside me.

"What?"

"I'm waiting for my dri- I mean my friend. What are you doing outside? Don't tell me you lied to me, this isn't really your house. Are you trespasing?"

"Of course not, this is my house."

"Then why aren't you inside."

I played with the keys in my hand, he must've notice it trembling.

"Are you cold?"

"No,"

"Then why are you trembling." He took the keys off my hand and grabbed my hand along with it. Opened the door, saw the sofa and pushed me there.

He disappeared into my kitchen for a while.