The Letter Chapter Four

As we walk to school in the morning we meet Jake, I mean I gotta love him he is my brother best friend and why I listen to the music I do. Although he is gay me and my brother still love him like he’s part of our family.

                “HEY, kiddo what are you thinking so hard about?” Jake says to me in his smartass way.  I just roll my eyes and smile.

                “Man Jake she’s been like this since yesterday, she hiding something and I will find it out.” Miles says matter of fact.

                “I’m not hiding anything, your just being more annoying than normal.” As soon as I finish saying that Jake has taken my bag off my shoulder and is running down the road so that he can look in it before I get there.  I’m happy that I left the letter and everything at home or otherwise they would really think that I’m hiding something. I hold out my hand for Jake to hand me my bag back but he doesn’t .

                “Ok fine then carry it to school for me. Saves me the trouble.” I smirk at him.

                “Yo Miles, are you sure she hiding something, because I sure if she was she would of tried to rip my arm off the get her bag back.” He then hands me my bag back. “Btw I’m not carrying that thing to school it is hideous and an insult to my intelligence.” And now he smirks at me.

                “Thanks” I say sarcastically.

                We finally make it to school and go our separate ways, thanks goodness. I head off to my first class. I can’t wait until lunch when I can talk to some normal people and my best friend Essie.