The Letter Chapter Six

After lunch as I rush to my next class I see Aurora up ahead. We’ve been friends since we were thirteen and I was there for her thorough some rough times in her life. I jog up to her dodging people as I go

                “Hey girl!” I say as I catch up to her. She jumps a little not excepting me. As we stare at each other after I scared her we both bust out laughing because she know I saw her jump when I caught up to her. We continue to laugh as we walk into our favorite class.

                We look at the board to see what our creative writing assignment will be. I notice that there is nothing on the board as we take our sets in the back of the room. Just in time to see our favorite person, not.

                In walks Lyn Rileys the queen bee of the school, the one that has to have everything her way or you popularity level will plummet if you fail to appease the queen.

                I glance over at Aurora in time to put my hand over her mouth to prevent her from starting something; she is the type of person that will speak her mind if you bully people especially if she was one of them.

                Aurora and Lyn’s problems started about five years ago, when Lyn and her little group started to pick on Aurora for not having the newest things. In reality I had absolutely nothing to do with material things Aurora was friends with the guy that Lyn like and she saw Aurora as a threat. Lyn had made it her goal to make sure that Aurora was no longer a threat. She posted and spread afaly thing about Aurora that hurt her really bad. Not that she would let anybody know. But I saw everything that happened and after Lyn had finished with her daily trash talk to Aurora I walked up to her and ask here if there was anything that I could do. She looked up at me and just nodded her head no and ran off to the bathroom. Not one to leave things unfinished I went after her. I found her in the last stall in the bathroom with a pair of scissors to her wrist she had not realized I had walked in and only realized me when I gasped at the sight of her scares. She dropped the scissors and tried to run out but I stopped her and hugged her and told her everything was going to be ok over and over again as she cried soft tears on my shoulder, and from that moment on we have be best friends.

                Aurora licks my hand but I keep it there until Lyn sits down in the front row. I then proceed to remove my hand and wipe it down the back of Aurora’s black shirt.

                “I cannot believe you just did that” she says with the fake look of disgust on her face

                “Well you licked me so I thought I would give you your spit back. Ha-ha” I laugh at her. We don’t get to finish our horse play because our teacher Mr. Meraz walks through the door and quiets the class.

                “Today class I want you guys to work on a solo fictional project, it can be whatever you like, but it has to be finish by the end of the class. There is to be no talking” he was interrupted by the class groaning. “Anyway this is to show me what you guys have learned and what you can do on your own. You may begin.” With that he turns around and walks to his desk smirks and then proceeds to grade the previous classes’ papers.

                Aurora and I look at each other and smile and then start to furiously write our papers to have them done in time.  I decide to write my story about a girl on an adventure and have to save the day only to have her attempts ruined by the bad guy accidently saving it instead and the title is the easiest thing I could think of A Humors Twist.

                As the class is close to an end I but the last few words on my story. Look over to see Aurora trying to see what I wrote about. I cover it up and act like I’m In third grade again which makes her laugh and gets us a mock stern look from Mr. Meraz, which makes us crack up more.