Five.

HER

Hazel.

The name brought an odd sense of warmth to her body and Camden decided she liked it- the simple yet meaningful name, one that made her see the value in her own eyes.

Her dad had wanted to call her Hazel when she was born, but her mum had disagreed. "Our daughter will not be named after one of her physical features. Her personality will define her."

Too bad no one could hear it.

Though, she was glad she wasn't called Hazel, because as her mother told the story, it made her cringe. But for some reason when the name came from Shawn, it just worked.

Shawn.

That's who she looked for as she ducked through the masses of people crowding the cafeteria. In the morning, there were 200 or so boarders eating breakfast; but during the day, at least 400-day boarders joined them. Finding his mop of brown hair seemed an impossible task.

Until a familiar face filled her vision. One that took a while for her to register - Lauren.

"Hey!" The girl smiled, "I was looking for you." She placed a hand on her shoulder, before pointing to a table toward the side of the cafeteria, where Brian, Ian, and Shawn sat, "We're over there."

The girl smiled at her, gratitude reaching her face.

"Found her," Lauren grinned, sliding between Ian and Brian.

Shawn's eyes darted toward the girl, a small smile reaching the corner of his lips.

She enjoyed eating with Lauren's group; not only because it had Shawn in it, but because they didn't pressure her to speak – until Ian opened his mouth.

"You're a boarder, right?" he asked, turning to the girl with a welcoming smile.

She nodded, looking up at the boy for a split second before averting her eyes back down to the sandwich on her tray.

"Me too." He went on, "You liking it so far?"

Camden nodded, offering him a polite smile.

"That's good. You don't talk much, huh. Which reminds me, I don't think you've told us your name."

Camden gave Ian an unsure smile, still not sure how as to react. Although her discomfort didn't fully reach her face, it left traces in her eyes.

And then Shawn did something that surprised her.

"Stop talking." He whispered, tapping his friend's thigh rapidly, "She wants you to stop talking."

Ian raised his eyebrows at Shawn, "How would you know? She hasn't said anything an-"

"Ian," He pushed, "please, just stop."

And he did.

It made the girl worry. Not only because he was standing up for her against his own friends, but because somehow, he'd just read her emotions through her eyes.

And that scared the crap out of her.

___