part 20

Previously:

"It happened a few years ago..."

☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤¤☆

Violet's POV:

I took in a shaky breath, recalling the story.

"You've probably notice that I live alone and that I haven't mentioned my parents before," I stopped looking up at him, he was already looking at me.

"I've noticed..." He said, probably recalling the times he has been here.

"Ok... well, you see, the thing is I never actually knew my father, I grew up without one." I sighed, taking a breath.

"It didn't really bother me that much because if he was here and then left it would have been worse, then not knowing him at all. It was always just me and my mother. Everyone always said I looked just like her, my hair my eyes, my smile," I recalled how my mother looked I, really looked a lot like her.

As I was speaking I remembered all the things I pushed deep down. Tears started to run down my face, I didn't want to look at Cameron. I knew he was already looking at me, I could feel his eyes bore into me.

I drew another shaky breath, wiping under my eyes with the back of my hands,

"Umm, about three years a-ago, she d-died," I saw Cameron tense up at the mention of this, "the time she passed away, she was on her way home from work, she owened a lot of companies, she was a business women, always made more than enough money, but that was just never enough.
She always said she had to make sure that if anything ever happened, I would be taken care of."

I felt as I was being lifted up into arms and Cameron layed down on my bed on his side, with me facing his chest. He draped his arm over my waist in attempt to comfort me.

"The night she died, she was busy making her way to her car when she was attacked, during this my mother's self defence instincts kicked in, she and her attacker struggled over a weapon the attacker had on him, during the struggle the weapon went off and my mother was shot close to her heart, the doctors said that there was nothing they could do, she had lost too much blood." I sniffeled.

Cameron squeezed my shoulder in reassurance, because he didn't want to hurt my ribs, if he tightened his hold around my waist.

"I was completely lost after that, because the morning she left for work all she did was scream at me and raise her voice she scared me. That's why, When people raise their voice or scream at me I tend to freeze completely or run away."

"Jake and Stan took me under their wings, they protected me, I had everything I wanted, I had more than enough money, so I moved, did this whole apartment over and a lot more. They thought me how to fight to defend myself, Stan had this place he ran, well he still does, I fought there to make extra money when I didn't have much left. I''ve never lost a fight. That's where I got the bruises from."

Cameron looked surprised by this, he looked me dead in the eyes and said,

"One- I know your the so called 'nerd' at school.
Two- please don't tell me you are.."

I cut him off saying, "I'm the unknown and yes I know I talked to you at the ring and fought your cousin. And that's why I was so surprised when you knew who Alex was."

"You have got to be kidding me!" He said.

I thought he was angry but then he said,

"Thats the coolest thing ever! Not the sad parts or you getting hurt but the rest!"