4: Cat

It's been almost 2 weeks since I died. I've made my way around heaven. I meet up with people I've lost: Boma, my old dogs and cats, my best friend who died when I was younger, my cousin who also died from a car crash. My friend down on Earth, Emily, had a friend who does from cancer when they were in kindergarten. I meet her. She was nice.
I was always afraid of dying. Leaving everyone and everything I loved on Earth. But I was comforted here. All the people and animals who had left me over the years were here. I missed Kain though. I could see down to Earth from heaven. I saw my friends all lying in their beds. Kain was asleep. If I concentrated I could hear people speak. I've been getting better at it. I heard them say Kain was in a coma, so was Ro.
I was swimming in the sparkling spring when I heard that Kain woke up! I nearly cried from joy. I saw a nurse come in and bring him so water. Then a doctor came in and talked to him.
"Can I go to the funeral tomorrow?"
My heart stopped. I knew it was mine. In heaven, they let you know when your funeral is. They also give you houses to stay. Mine was small and light blue with a manicured lawn and a white picket fence. I've always wanted a house like that.
My funeral letter came less than a week ago. It was sealed in a cream envelope with a red wax seal, very formal. The note was gold and shimmered in the light. My funeral was June 6, 2016. Visitation was from 1-3 and the service was at 3:30. Light refreshments would be served. I heard my mom planing. They would have my favorite foods and drinks: lemonade, Shirley temples, takis, Little Ceaser's Crazy Bread and mangos. My mom said it was something "she would have loved."
It's true. Most of the people I love would be there, along with my favorite food and such.
~~~~~
Today was my funeral. When I woke up, there was a slim fitting black dress on the end of my bed. The collar was lined with lace and there was black heels. I showered and got dressed. The fabric felt warm but also fake against my skin.
I walked out of my picture- perfect house and went the funeral plaza. It sounds less glamorous than it is. The walls are lined with velvet plush fabric and the ceiling is decorated with a million stars.
"Catrina Rivers," I said to the woman behind the check in desk.
"DOD?"
DOD means date of death.
"May 22."
"Cause of Death?"
"Drunk car crash."
"Hometown?"
"Grand Rapids, Michigan."
"Location of funeral?"
"Grand Rapids."
"Date of funeral?"
"Today, June 6."
"Okay Catrina, you may continue down the hall," the lady pointed down a long hallway.
"Thank you." I stared my journey down. It was quiet except for the faint elevator music emitting from the speakers along the wall.
I arrived in a smallish room with a man behind a desk.
"Hello Cat!"
"Hey Roger!"
"Ready for your funeral?"
"Ready as I'll ever be." I stepped on a big 'X' in the middle of the room.
"Remeber, you can see and hear them. The cannot see or hear you. You can past through people, but all they feel will be a cold breeze. Do not go far
from your body or you will start to materialize into hell. Got it? Good." Roger pulled a lever and the room around me began to spin and mesh into a mix of colors and shapes. The wind was cold and my head spun.

----------
Hey!
I hope you like this chapter!
I don't really have a set update schedule... So sorrryyyyy.
School is ending and my brain is on the fritz about examsssssss
I'll try and keep with each chapter being either Kain or Cat.
Check out my other story "letters"
Vote
Comment
Loveeeeee
-tesimons