Saved by Severus ~ Chapter 8

Author's note

   Fleurypower is very sorry for any inconviences she has caused by delaying the updating of this story, howhever fleurypower is also currently banned from the internet, and I (kitkat42) have been forced to become her technology-relay-women. I have finaly managed to convey to fleurypower just how much everybody has been groveling for her to continue her story, and therefore fleurypower has seen it fit to continue the writing of this grand tale, and give it to me to update for her. Fleurypower will in all likelyhood not be able to rejoin the land of technology for quite some time, but in the meantime I assure you that everything posted after this will be in fleurypower's own words, and I am not just some fraudulant fangirl who has taken over her account.

P.S. Don't you love dictionaries?

P.P.S. Fleurypower requests that she recieves 25 votes, and 15 comments/reviews before she updates next. SHe would also greatly appreciate being fanned by all you lovely readers out there.

P.P.P.S. After you are done reading this story, go read the story 'Healing Harry's HEart'

and without further adue...

Saved By Severus

Chapter 8

Cynthia's POV

   As we flooed into the fireplace at the leaky cauldron, I stumbled forward, and was expecting to catch a face-full of ashes, when a pair of hands grabbed me from behind and steadied me.

"Thank you." I said, smiling up at Severus.

"No problem." He said curtly, but I could tell her was trying to refrain from smiling, "I'll alwasy be here to catch you. Never forget it."

 I smiled up at him, and he couldn't help but let his emotionless mask fall for a few seconds.

"Ha!" I yelled, "You smiled!!!"

"Shh!" he hissed, "You seem to have forgotten that I must remain an emotionless jerk in public!"

"oh..." I said sadly, and I could practically feel him rolling his eyes at me.

"Cynthia, I have nothing against you, and I already think of you as a daughter, but the truth is I have a reputation that I simply must uphold."

I smiled weekly, "It's alright Seveurs." I said, "I understand."

He sighed again, "Because I must withhold my evil reputation in public, that also means you must call me 'Sir' or Professor'"

"Fine... sir." I scowled, but he seemed  pleased with my answer, so he led me out to the back of the pub to a brick wall.

"Umm... Sir?" I asked, sounding extremely confused, "If I may be so frank, why are we standing like idiots in front of a brick wall?"

"Well Cynthia," he sneered, "This brick wall happens to be the entrance to diagon alley."

"What?" I gaped at him, "It's just a wall."

"Yes, but with magic it can become much more... after all, you're the one who turned a pile of ashes into a cat."

I scowled at him, trying to mimic  his 'You're-a-moron-and-I'm-about-to-kill-you' glare,', but judging by the fact that he actually laughed, I'm guessing it didn't work.

"Not quite Cynthia." he chortled, "You're glare is more of a pout than anything."

"Just open the dang wall." I said, causing another snicker to come from Snape.

He got out his wand, and tapped it on the wall a few times. For a moment nothing happened, but then the walls started to move, and I backed up thinking that I was about to be swallowed into some sort of black whole. "Severus!" I screamed, "The bricks are moving!"