Chapter 8

Author's Note

Warning: here's the bomb.

JULIA WILSON

I unlock the door to our house as Sandro struggled holding all my bags that consisted of remembrance and foods from Mama Meldy.

When I opened it, mom hugged me and I dropped Mallows' basket carefully, "Congrats anak!" Wow, I thought she would be angry at me but she was rather excited.

"Hi po tita!" Sandro blasted from the door while placing all my stuffs at the couch.

Mom looked at him, "Hello din Sandro!" they greeted each other.

My mom left us and went to the kitchen with a happy expression painted all over her face.

"So, uuwi ka na?" I walked towards him, "You should rest, it's 7 pm na oh. Go to sleep!" I pleaded him.

This guy was a monster; he didn't even sleep nor let me switch driving. It made me worried because he looks tired.

"No," he answered simply. I looked at him again, "Well, fine I'll sleep, I'll see you tomorrow then?" I hugged him.

He kissed my cheek and was about to leave but we heard a voice, "Sandro, can we talk?" Dad's voice echoed throughout the kitchen.

I looked at him and he just smiled at me, "Of course po tito," Sandro replied.

Dad pointed at the kitchen, "Julia, your graduation stuffs are upstairs. Check it now and unpack please," he commanded me.

I mouthed an I love you to Sandro, the man I am so in love with right now, then picked up my stuffs and Mallows. What are they going to talk about?

SANDRO MARCOS

I followed Julia's dad towards a balcony. He asked me to sit at the sofa, so I did.

"Sandro," he cleared his throat, "How are things with Julia?" he asked me.

I fidget with his question, "Okay naman po kami, Tito Nicholas," I managed to answer.

"Okay then," he breathed and looked at the farm view in front of us.

I was very nervous with what he might talk me about. Heck, I didn't even make a good impression on him.

"Iho, I'm gonna put this on the less complicated way," he eyed me seriously, "I'll be blunt, you aren't for my daughter," he told me dead serious.

I control the anger that was building up inside me, "Tito, we love each other po. I know that I'm not good enough for her, but she's happy with me," I explained calmy as I fought back.

He held at the railing and looked out again, "But you see, iho, when you put trouble with trouble, all you'll get is a mess," he explained. "My daughter is very impulsive and naïve. She does things without a prominent thinking. Just leave her be and let her be mature. Heck, did you even know that she was just 21?" he exasperated and sighed.

I stood up and was about to walk away, "I'm sorry for being disrespectful po, pero you don't have a say in our relationship. I believe she's old enough to express herself and to love me and be with me. It's not like I'm gonna hurt her or take her to the wrong way, I'm older than her and I can guide her as well. I'm not taking her away from you her parents, I have respect for you and tita and Julia,  we love each other and I'll never let go of her and that's all I really know," I told him.

"Exactly my point, I have to take care of this matter," he spoke. "I won't risk my daughter's studies. I can't let that pitfall because of a simple infatuation you guys share. I will never risk her future, especially if she's bound to go to New York. I won't let you guys elope because you're madly smitten with each other. I want what's best for my daughter, even if that means removing you from her life," he ended his speech.