Chapter 1

It was a loud banging against her door that brought Peggy Carter out of her sleep. Grabbing a robe and the gun from under her pillow, the young woman warily approached the door. Usually the only things that disturbed her sleep were nightmares. Without making a sound, the female agent took the safety off the gun and held it in a tight grip. Quickly, she swung the door open and pointed the gun at the intruder. Upon recognizing the man, Peggy tucked her gun back into her robe and stared expectantly at the man.

"So, Chief Sousa," the woman said drawing out the man's title, "What brings you here at such an early time of day?"

Peggy watched with curious eyes as the man in front of her shifted his weight between his prosthetic and his other leg.

"I'm so sorry for waking you up at this time, but Rose called and told me that, while she herself was sleeping, received an emergency call from Washington DC," her beloved chief said as the pain became more apparent from having to stand there long.

Realizing that she had left him standing for so long, Peggy invited him in and led him to a sitting area in her room. As soon as she saw that Daniel was seated comfortably next to her on the couch, Peggy nodded for him to continue.

"Apparently,  Dottie has been spotted hanging around the wealthy crowd. The president was notified and he said that he wanted the best SSR agents on her case. With Jack still in recovery and the rest of the agents having no experience, DC has specified for you and I to go," Daniel explained with a glance towards her.

Peggy nodded slowly, still wrapped up in her thoughts as she went over the information that she received. It was logical that herself and Daniel went to Washington DC, but how would Dottie not recognize them?

The female agent turned to ask the man next to her, only to find her face mere inches away from his that was already turned. Intrigue, determination, and something she couldn't quite decipher mingled in the depth of his warm chocolate eyes, stirring up mixed feelings in the pit of her stomach. While the women's eyes never left her beloved chief's, the female agent recalled other aspects of his appearance. His hair was slightly shorter and lacking the usual straight pattern from gel, a light cream suit coat over a light green shirt, and shadows beneath his eyes.

Peggy let out a sharp breath that she did not know she was holding and shifted a few inches away with her gaze fixed on the ground. Her beloved chief was breathtaking. Finally, she was able to recall the matter of which they were talking and decided to break the moment of silence by clearing her throat.

"So, obviously we are the suitable and practically the only choice, but how will we be able to not be recognized by Dottie?" the female agent asked. "Clearly she had seen us before."

"Well, that is the risk of doing this assignment. It's dangerous, we won't know what we're walking into, Dottie's actions are unpredictable, and we would have only a few days to sell a marriage that has lasted fifteen years. However, Dottie could kill thousands of people and take out the government of one of the biggest countries, both in population and wealth, in the world," Daniel said with a hint of doubt.

Slowly, Daniel's words sank into her. Like he said, Dottie would be in one of the most important capitals of the world, with the ability to kill whoever she pleases. And with the amount of wealth...wait... did he say marriage? Logically, it would be better for them to be undercover as a married couple. She would be able to get information from the gossip of the politicians' wives, while he gained information from war veterans and the politicians. Emotionally, Peggy did not know if she could handle being married to him undercover. Mainly because she wanted to be married to him in real life, so much that sometimes it hurt. The female agent did not know if she could return to a life without him after she was undercover.

Despite her contradicting thoughts, Peggy already knew her answer. Feeling a brush of something soft against her hand, the woman looked up at Daniel and saw his hand next to hers. Carefully, she brought her gaze up to the eyes she so dearly loved. Unbeknownst to the female agent, her next words would change the rest of her life.

"I claim the window seat."

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
Thanks to everyone for reading my works. I was going to put this story in "Together: You and Me", but I decided that this idea deserved more than a couple parts. So, this will be a multi-chapter fic that I will try to update once a week. Thanks again for all your comments. They truly mean a lot to me and I treasure them always. I hope that you guys like this story!

Hugs,
ImagineBaggins8