30

After my mom's funeral,I decided I was good enough to go back home ,than stay with Elijah. I walk up to Elijah, who came to the funeral. We were having a get together at my mom's house about her possessions . And honestly it wasn't going too well.
"Well that's my sister so I want her jewelry! " Auntie Carol screamed at Auntie Bernice.
"Who in the hell are you talking to? You barely come around, since you been with that man what's his name! "
I shake my head at their selfishness.
"You don't know who I've been with! So I suggest you shut that big mouth of yours Carol Cole! You always got something slick to say. "
"Okay guys can we just calm down please. "
I say, getting their attention.
"So since she is my mom, I think we all know who she would want to leave her possessions with,or decide who gets what! "
Tori smacks her lips.
"Auntie Carol I think Auntie Bernice should get half of the jewelry as well as you get the other half. "
"What!"
They both say in unison.
"I mean since neither one of you can come up with a conclusion. It's only fair to split it into two. "
"This child has lost her damn mind! "
Auntie Bernice says looking up into the ceiling.
"Yeah,I mean I'm not about to split nothing with this old sack of dust. "
Auntie Carol says.
"Sack of dust? Who you calling a sack of dust? "
"Okay! Can we all settle down. "
"Who put you in charge any way miss lady? "
My Auntie Maribel asks.
I look around at them.
"Right!"
Tori inputs.
"Excuse me? But, that is my mother... "
"Our sister! "
"You know what I'm not about to do this with you all! They just buried my mother and all you can think about is her possessions? I should've known. And Tori before you input on something that was your mother too. But do what you want,I don't have to put up with you selfish imbeciles ."
I grab my purse and walked out. Elijah runs after me, I didn't realize until now he looks real Danish in his suit.
"Vickie! Wait!"
He grabs my arm turning me around.
"What?"
I say trying not to scream.
"Why you running away? Listen,they just buried your mother and I don't think she will want you running away from problems like this. "
"Okay so what do you suggest I do?"
"Go in there and tell it like it is. If they don't like it then so be it. "
"Fine! "
I rush pass him barging into the house.
"Okay this is how it's going to be! "
I say when I get their attention.

"See was that so hard?" Elijah asks, as we walk into Starbucks.
"You have no idea! My family are very judgemental. "
"I could see that, but you shouldn't let that affect you. "
"Well it does! "
"Welcome to Starbucks how can I help you? "
The cashier says when we walk up to the counter.
"Yes can we get two Iced Caramel Macchiatos and a Spinach feta breakfast wrap please. "
"Make that two. "
Elijah says.
"Your family is exactly like mine. "
He says as we make our way to a table.
"Only worse. My family is the definition of hell. "
I sit across from him.
He was looking out the window. I couldn't help but look at him. He has done so much for me. From allowing me to be on his song to coming to my moms funeral. Felix didn't even come to my moms funeral. He hadn't even called to acknowledge the fact she has passed. The sick bastard was a mistake I failed to realize sooner.
Something i also failed to realize sooner ,Elijah was here for me the entire time.

Please comment and vote
Short chapter i know I've been busy........😘😘