7. guns

[[ We say keep your change, we'll keep our God, our guns, our constitution. - Sarah Palin ]]

contains violence, may be triggering for some

* Georgia's POV *

As soon as Harry fell asleep I crawled from under his strong arm and went back to Elaine's room.

It wasn't that I wasn't attracted to mister Styles (I mean, of course I am; isn't everyone?), it was just that he was married, and still flirting with me. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

"Your daddy is a very naughty man," I cooed, stroking Elaine's cheek with my index finger as I swayed her back and forth. She had just woken up but she wasn't crying this time - just looking doe-eyed at me and smiling. She was precious.

"You're going to be so beautiful when you grow up," I told her happily. "And aunt Georgia is going to help you pick out clothes and shoes and -"

"The most over-priced handbags you can find?"

I looked towards the door and smiled at Harry - now dressed in a gorgeous dark blue suit and his hair freshly washed. He looked like a god.

"We can be bargain-hunters," I offered innocently. "Can't we, baby girl?"

Harry grinned and came over to us, taking little Elaine from my arms just as she started to cry again. She stopped immediately.

"You're very good with her," he complimented warmly. "Are you sure you're alright here all day?"

"Yes."

"I left my number and a bunch of emergency contact numbers taped to the fridge. There's money and a credit card on the counter if you want anything or decide to go shopping. I'll have my ringer on loud, okay?" He looked at me expectantly. "Call me every three hours. I'll be back with lunch at twelve thirty sharp."

"I'll be fine," I repeated, rolling my eyes. "Really, don't even worry about it. She loves me."

Mister Styles grinned. "Yes, I know. Just keep in touch."

He left, and I was almost sad to be without him again. His presence was just so big and warm, all-encompassing, much like my father's.

Elaine went back to sleep and I decided to poke around.

First I explored the first floor, which was the kitchen, dining room, main living room, three bathrooms, two guest bedrooms, Harry's huge office, a room with a pool table, and a small room that could only be opened with a key. I tried to pick the lock with my bobby pin but it didn't work, so I moved on to the upstairs.

Upstairs was Harry's massive bedroom and attached bathroom, Elaine's nursery and her bathroom, a small room right next to Elaine's room that was filled with her toys and a beautiful grand piano, another bedroom and bathroom that I figured out to be Grace Katherine's (from her spread of makeup and clothes in the drawers), three more guest bedrooms - all with attached bathrooms -, another home office, and a lounge room with the biggest TV I had ever seen in my life.

The laundry room was nowhere to be found, and there was a very daunting staircase that led to another floor but I was tired and hungry from all my exploring, so I decided to take a break instead.