10. juvenile

[[ "Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." ~ Isaac Asimov ]]

* Harry's POV *

The thought of Georgia sleeping with Liam Payne made my skin crawl. He was too old and rough for her, and he would never treat her like she deserved to be treated. He was a fuck once and leave type of man. It disgusted me.

"It's disgusting, Elaine Ruth," I huffed, putting her favorite pink bunny in front of her as she cooed at me. "He probably has like four venereal diseases. And her father is going to kill me if he finds out."

She squealed loudly and clapped her hands, a big smile on her plump little lips as I chuckled. She was just so happy.

"Harry?"

I turned towards the door. "Yeah."

"What are you doing?"

"Talking to Elaine," I answered simply. "What do you need now? You've already got my card and-"

"No, no, I don't need that," Grace cut me off swiftly. "I just wanted to talk about...us."

"What about us?"

Grace seemed nervous. She shifted to her other foot and looked anxiously between Elaine and me. Strange.

"Can you at least come to the kitchen? I feel completely ridiculous talking in front of her."

"Why?"

"Harold," she whined pathetically. "Please."

"Fine." I picked Elaine up and laid her in her crib, placing her favorite bunny right next to her do she wouldn't cry.

"Goodnight then," I murmured dumbly. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She beamed up at me and cooed loudly, which made me smile. Why was I smiling?

"Bye bye, little one."

I smoothed out my pants and followed Grace down the stairs into the kitchen, where she was pouring herself a tall glass of wine.

"What is it?"

She planted her hands on the counter and looked sternly at me. "I think we should have a baby."

I laughed. Loudly. And she gave me the dirtiest look one human being has ever given another.

"A-A baby?" I repeated, still grinning uncontrollably. "You have a baby. She's sleeping right above your thick head, Grace."

"Do not insult me," she seethed. "And we both know that Elaine isn't yours. I think having a baby - our baby - would help us."

"There won't even be an us as soon as you sign the damn papers," I reminded her. "And there's no way I'm fucking you. I don't like another man's sloppy seconds."

She slapped me hard across the face and I staggered back.

"Don't ever touch me again," I hissed at her. "Get the hell out of my face and don't bring this up again."