Car Rides

Annabeth, as much as she would hate to admit it, actually loves being in the car with Percy. From a quick 5 minute trip to the grocery store, to a day long road trip. Every single ride is different, and each and every one is special. Annabeth usually drives due to an incident with trash cans, a speeding ticket and an annoyed girlfriend....let's just say.... Percy is a terrible driver. Today was no exception. 

"Annabeeeeeth....you always drive. Let me drive for a change! We're just going to the movies...a maximum 20 minute drive. What could go wrong in 20 minutes?!" Percy begged. 

"Well , you got a nosebleed in 20 seconds and it almost destroyed the world, so.....I'm guessing a lot." Annabeth countered, a fair argument in her opinion. 

"That wasn't even my fault!! It was an accident! I didn't think a little nose bleed could awake the 'all-powerful Earth goddess!" He huffed and threw his hands up in fake annoyance. 

Suddenly, Percy went quiet....an idea forming in his head. His face brightened into a big grin. 

"I'll let you win every time we duel for 3 whole days!!!" He exclaimed, proud of his idea. 

"Seaweed Brain.....I am fully capable of beating you on my own, thanks. I don't need you to let me win."  She looked at him pointedly, daring him to speak more on the matter. 

" Alright, you've left me no choice....prepare to die." 

He reached into his pocket, pulled out Riptide and got into battle stance. Annabeth, to shocked and confused to do anything, just stood there, frozen with her mouth hanging wide open. Percy however burst into a fit of laughter. 

"What are you doing Perseus?!" Annabeth yelled, frustrated because she didn't understand what was happening. 

"Your face was so funny! It was like you actually thought I would hurt you!! I am such a good actor. Forget being a demigod...I should be on Broadway!!" He said, tears streaming down his face because of his laughter. 

Annabeth rolled her eyes at his ridiculousness. She watched him roll on the ground laughing for a few more minutes before finally giving up. With a sigh, she headed toward the car. 

"Wait! Let me catch up....I am the driver after all!" Percy huffed, trying to fall into pace with his annoyed girlfriend, which was a challenging task while swaying and trying to stay upright when your body aches with laughter.  

"You are not the driver! I will drive because in your state, I can't trust you with a big moving vehicle. So stop complaining and get in the car Perseus Jackson!"

"Ma'am yes ma'am!" He replied, standing straight and saluting her. 

Yup. That was only the beginning of what was to come. You think Percy was annoying now...just wait until his seat belt is buckled. 

A/N: I'm not sure about this, but I think there might be a second part to this chapter. I think it's kinda cute so I might continue it.