Bambi

~Barbara Palvin (imagine with brown eyes) as Emma~

Bambi
-Chapter 2

"Hey partner." I hear Lucas say and feel him slide into the seat beside me. I can't see him because my head is in my hands at the frustration of having to work with him for the year.

"Hey Bambi, maybe we should get started on that assignment, and here I was thinking you were a smart one." He taunts. I lift my head and scowl before noticing how close he is. I hate his face. It's too pretty and it makes it ten times harder to hate him.

"Excuse me? But I'm not the one who failed every single subject last year!" I retort and he smirks.

"Don't believe everything you hear sweetheart." He advises and I shut my mouth.

No it can't be, he can't be smart as well. Its not physically possible. You can't be hot, sporty, rich and smart. Its not allowed. I refuse to believe it.

We start on the experiment which involves some pretty dangerous substances. But obviously Lucas is twirling the little test tube full of hydrochloric acid in his hand. I go to make a grab for it but he throws it up in the air before my hand can reach it. He catches it in the other hand and continues playing with it, smirking at the scowl that I'm guessing appeared on my face.

"Give me that you idiot!" I snap as I continue trying to grab it while he holds it teasingly over my head.

"I think something's missing from that sentence.." he sings and I glare.

"Please." I grit out angrily and he places the test tube in my hand, leaning back casually. He is so f*cking annoying! If murder was legal, he'd already be dead, and I wouldn't have necessarily been the one to kill him.

"So Emma what the f*ck happened in homeroom with Skylar?" he asks finally his face and body language tense making me gulp nervously.

"Nothing." I tell him without glancing up into his blue eyes, continuing with the project.

"That was not nothing. Unless you consider Skylar walking all over you, nothing?" he says with a hint of anger evident in his tone as I see him place his arms on the desk out of the corner of my eye.

"It is nothing. I'm just doing her a favour." I shrug while reading the next instruction for our experiment.

"She talked to you like you were her slave not her bestfriend, she demanded for you to get her shit. She acted like a self-absorbed, selfish bītch and you completely let her." He hisses.

"It doesn't matter. Just stay out of it. You never cared before so why start now." I say quietly looking down at my hands.

"Emma, I always care, even if I don't show it. I'm not a complete ass, I do take note of what's happening in other people's lives and I don't like people disrespecting and taking advantage of friends they should be grateful for. You deserve to be treated a million times better than that." he tells me softly. I smile gratefully and put this memory safe in my mind because it's honestly the most sincere and kind conversation we have ever had.

After this, he drops the subject and I sigh quietly in relief.

The next few classes pass quickly and it's lunch before I know it. I meet Skylar at her locker and we walk to the cafeteria together. We stroll over to the table Nate's sitting at with all of Skylars other friends. Truthfully, I feel extremely awkward whenever we sit here.

Skylar sits beside him and I look for an open space. As you probably suspected, there isn't one.

"Oh no, there's not enough room. Will you be okay finding another table?" Skylar asks falsely.