3%

edited

Nate and I moved to the living room downstairs so we could get out of my daughter's room. We both sat down on the couch.

"Nate, you have to understand, just because she wants us to be together again, doesn't mean we're getting back together. Kian and I will never get back together, okay?" I explained.

"I know you guys won't. But considering you guys have 4 kids together, you guys are bound to get back together in the future. I'm not trying to start anything but I'm just saying." He said.

I sighed. "We couldn't get together even if we wanted to. He's married and I moved on to you."

He smiled a small smile. "I am so glad that we met but if you left me for him, I'd understand. I'd be upset but I'd understand. You and the kids mean so much to me. Will you just promise me one thing though, Haylie?"

I looked into his eyes. "Sure."

"Even if we do break up or split up in the future, promise me that you'll let me see the kids whenever. Because even though your kids aren't my kids, I still love them to death even if one of them doesn't like me. I consider your kids my kids."

Sierra didn't like the fact that her dad and I were getting a divorce. She was 13 when it happened and she wasn't happy about it. She constantly ignored me and her father for almost 6 months until it set in that we weren't getting back together any time soon. She also didn't like the fact that I started dating Nate a year after we got our divorce. She doesn't like Nate at all. She always ignores Nate and flips out if he takes them to school so this morning was probably... eventful.

I smiled. "I promise as long as you call first." I chuckled. He did the same and looked down, smiling. He then looked back at me.

I scooted closer to him and hugged his waist tightly. He hugged my torso just as tight.

"I love you so much, Nate Maloley." I said.

He kissed my forehead. "I love you so much more, Haylie Summers." (It's depressing to see Summer instead of Lawley as her last name. 😭)

-after school; 6:00-

So Sierra should be here with her father soon and the suspense is killing me. I just want to know if she told Kian what I already found out.

"Hey, Momma? Can you help me with my homework?" Elijah asked, holding out his homework to me.

I looked at him and smiled. "Sure, sweetheart. Let's go to the living room." I grabbed his hand and walked to the living room. He sat down on the couch and I sat beside him. "Now, let me see your homework, baby." He handed the paper to me and it was filled with stuff that I haven't seen in a long time. (Don't remember what I learned in 4th grade so.😂)

"If Jake has 26 pieces of gum and he gives half of his gum to his friend Emily, how many pieces do each of them have?" I read the question out loud, looking at Elijah afterwards.

"I don't know, Momma." His eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

"Here, we'll draw a picture. Do you have paper and a pencil?"

He got into his bag and grabbed a notebook and a mechanical pencils. I opened the notebook to an empty page and drew 26 circles.

"So, there's 26 pieces of gum that Jake has. He then gives Emily half of what he has so have you learned what division is yet?" I looked at him.

"A little." He said, looking at the picture.

"Okay, well, we'll try a little okay?" So I wrote down the long division way for 26. "26 divided by 2. Can you try that for me?" I handed him the pencil and he slowly tried to figure out the problem, eventually getting the right answer.

"13!" He cheered with a smile on his face. I laughed.

"That's it! Write it down and we'll do the next question." I said just as the front door opened. "I'll be back sweetheart." I kissed his head then went to see who came in.

"Mom! Dad is outside wanting to talk to you!" I heard Sierra yell as she walked into her room upstairs.

"Thank you! C'mon trips, Daddy's here!" I yelled up the stairs and into the living room. The triplets ran outside screaming 'Daddy', tackling him with hugs.

I walked outside to come face to face with Kian. Thank god he didn't have his wife with him.

"Hi, kids. I missed you guys." He said, hugging each of them individually.

"Daddy, you saw us two days ago." Delilah chuckled. I smiled.

"It's only been 2 days?! I thought its been a week! I missed you guys. How was school?" He asked.

"It was good." They all replied.

He smiled. "Alright, well, go inside because I gotta talk to your momma. I'll come in and help you guys with your homework when we're done, okay? I love you guys." They whined before going inside.

Kian and I walked up to the porch and sat down on the chairs scattered around the porch.

"So, what happened?" I looked at him.

He sighed before looking downforce a split second then back at me. "She's been getting bullied at school."

"I found that out this morning when Nate took them to school. She wrote it down in a notebook." I told him.

"She also told me that she wanted us to get back together. She said that since we're separated, it's harder for her to stay positive. I didn't know what to say because I didn't want to break her heart." He looked into my eyes.

"Even if we wanted to get back together, we couldn't. I'm with Nate and you're married to Alexis." His eyes showed pure heartbreak.

"I know. I have 2 more kids with her as well. But to be completely honest, Haylie, I haven't moved on. Not completely at least. I love you more than I love myself. I've been keeping it in because well, I didn't think you'd want to get back together considering what I did to you and I completely understand. I just thought you should know." He said, walking into my house to help the kids with their homework, leaving me completely shocked and confused on the front porch.

2 UPDATES IN ONE DAY WOOHOO.

One question, who's all going to the Don't Try This At Home tour!? IF YOU ARE COMMENT WHAT CITY! I'm going to COLUMBUS Ohio!

PLEADE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR FASTER UPDATES.

- Makayla