"Bringing Back The Assistant"

•Katie's POV•

As we were pulled upwards by the two wind spirits, we soon lost track of Miranda and Connor beneath the clouds. We clung to our pegasi since we stopped struggling a while ago.

The wind spirits pulled us up to a gigantic cloud. No, more like the peak of a mountain. Anyways, the cloud was on top of the mountain.

And on top of that cloud was a large mansion. It was a white mansion with marble columns and it vaguely reminded me of the White House in Washington D.C.

As the wind spirits put us down, an female wind nymph flew towards us. "Demigods, yes?" Her voice was sort of floaty but was heavily accented. "Y-yeah. Demigods." Travis patted the cloud cautiously. "Hey, is this stable? You know, I won't fall down when I stand up?" His voice was shaky.

The nymph giggled. "Of course it is stable. I am Henna. Lord Aeolus's assistant. He... wishes to see you." She gave a sweeping bow and features us to the mansion.

"We are not in his home. This is only one of his temporary... houses." Henna explained as we breezed though the mansion. "Temp? No way." Travis looked around in awe. "Well, Henna, tell 'im if wants to dispose of this fine structure, I'm happy to have it."

"I'll try. You see, I don't know about his "temporary houses" for I have only been here not for long." Something was off about her but I couldn't quite pinpoint it. "Henna." She stopped to look at me. "What is your accent?" She smiled. "Irish."

"Oh. And I just wanted to know where our pegasi are.", She nodded outside. "They are tied down outside. Shall we continue?" She continued her small tour and as we approached a large door she announced that it would be the end of our tour.

"Henna, before we meet Lord Aeolus. I have a two final questions. One, how many hours have you been working here? And two, why isn't Lord Aeolus in Aeolia? I've heard he's quite busy."

She looked at me for a while, "Well, I presume it's less than two days. Maybe, 27 hours? And as for your second question, he has decided to take some time off to clear his mind and take a break. He has put himself in a temporary house arrest. Now, are you ready to meet Lord Aeolus?"

"Take us in."

The large doors opened to reveal a gigantic office with ceiling-to-floor glass windows. Leather couches were positioned neatly around the room and different weather and air posters were posted on the wall.

"Cool pad." Travis seated himself comfortably on one of the couches. "Travis!" I hissed at him, annoyed by his lack of manners. "What?"

The man behind the leather chair chuckled. The chair turned to reveal a man with a bright shock of white hair and a chock-full of makeup lathered in his face. "No, no, it's fine. I guess I do have a- as you say, 'cool pad.'"

I sat down politely on one of the chairs . "I'm sorry for calling you out here on such a short notice. Or maybe pulling up here. You see, I have a few imprisoned storm spirits- anemoi thuellai -in one of the caves one down in one of the nearby mountains. They have been growing restless and my harpies can't really capture them."

"So you need us to capture them. Right?" Travis sat up properly, propping his elbows on his knees. "What's in it for us?" Aeolus raised a brow. "A negotiator eh? Well, no surprise since you're your father's son. A boost on you journey. How about that eh?"

Travis glanced at me. I nodded. "Sure." Aeolus snapped his fingers and no sooner, Henna breezed in. "Lord Aeolus."

"Do you have the bag?" She handed a brown drawstring bag to me. "That is where you will contain the anemoi thuellai. After that, just return the bag with the storm spirits to us and we will give you and you two friends a boost on your journey." Henna explained.

I nodded then grabbed Travis off the couch. "Let's go. Thank you Lord Aeolus." I dragged Travis out despite his grumbling.

When we were finally outside, we fetch our horses and flew away. As we were flying to find the cave, "Travis stop. I don't think we should continue this. Let's just go find Connor and Miranda and go."

He frowned at me. "Are you saying we ignore a god's request? Furthermore, he is the Lord of Air. He could easily blast us out of the sky." I shook my head. "See, that's the reason. There's something off about them."

"You're saying that they're impostors?"

"Duh. But, Travis please. Most of the time when demigods have gut instincts, it's probably correct." I breathed deeply. "Impostor or not, they probably still have the power to kill us and believe me, I still have a lot to live for." He headed down towards the mountain.

"Travis? Travis!" I managed to catch up to him. "We're demigods. We don't exactly have much to live for." He smirked. "Well then, YOLO. Besides, life-or-death situations are pretty normal to us now."

He dismounted of the pegasus and entered the cave. "Travis! Ughh..."

-------------------
Hi.
I know this is a pretty short chapter.

Um, just so you know I am so tempted to stop this because everytime I read it, it is so effing cringe-worthy. But, just tell me if you want me to continue this, then I will. I you don't want me to continue this then I'll stop.

Your opinion matters you know.

~Ambi