Chapter 5

"Vanna? What are you doing here?" I lowered my instinctively raised pistol and glared at my lost looking friend. I moved to hug her as i looked toward Sebastian. He looked awfully pleased with himself. I assumed it was because his tracking skills are what found Darius and I.
"If you're done with the resocialization of Ms. Virginia, we really must be on our way, and quickly. They're going to help us get out of here alive," Darius breaks our silent reunion. Backing away from Vanna, I feel something move deep in my abdomen.
"I think I'm gonna be sick," I whisper as I run to the bathroom. I've never been sick before. I mean, sure, I get a cold every now and then, but never throw up sick. After I gacked up all the acid in my stomach, I turn around. I only saw a deeply concerned looking Darius and Vanna behind him holding the clothes and other things I dropped when I ran. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't get sick, it never happens. Was it something I ate, something I smelled? I don't like this feeling; it's almost like something is moving around inside of me.
I back out of the bathroom and continue to pack as if nothing happened. Darius will talk to me about it later, I'm sure. Vanna looked truly frightened, she knows that I never get sick. Sebastian doesn't really pay much attention to me, so I don't know what he was thinking. As for Darius's thoughts, I couldn't read them. I'm good with reading people, especially him. I think he may know what's wrong with me. He'd do better to tell me what it is sooner rather than later. I can't beat him in hand to hand, but he still doesn't want to face off with me in combat.
"I'm just going to pretend that didn't just happen and continue packing, but we will be talking about this later, Jade." Darius sounded quiet, but he was quite furious.
"Sounds fine, Darius. Let's talk about it later," I quickly retorted. I seemed to have already been having a bad day, I didn't want him to make it any worse. He can be a completely ignorant ass sometimes. I mean that in the most endearing way, of course.