A Moving Room

The young man stands in silence for a few moments, as if he is waiting for something.  After a number of seconds (Twenty?  Maybe twenty-three?  I should be able to tell exactly...) and then he looks behind me.  He calls to the man behind the mirror. 

"Mr. Kramer, please change the room to setting 239D.  And release Miss Egorove, please,"  I start at his use of my name.  How would they know?  Of course, our soldiers are all installed with electronic dog tags.  But somehow, I can't remember getting mine. 

Suddenly, the room starts moving.  I was so busy thinking about his use of my name that it didn't register that this was a switchroom.  I feel the handclenches and footlocks slide back into the chair, and I stand up.  Then the chair folds into the floor, the tiles disappear, and carpet slips through.  A table pops up, thick, probably plagarisoak by the look of the grain, and two matching chairs slide into it.

"Please, allow me.  Nathaniel says, gracefully pulling the chair out.  His eyes are angled down, and, in that moment, I feel as if I could overpower him.  But it's not time yet.  I don't know enough.  So I take a seat, crossing my ankles like a good little royal, and wait as he crosses to the other side of the table.