Chapter 16

Katelyn pov

Darkness, it surrounded me. I was floating on it, relaxing letting it take me wherever it wanted. I felt relaxed and at peace like nothing was wrong and never had been, but I knew something wasn't right like I was forgetting something important, but what was it? I thought hard about it, but I couldn't remember what it was. If just Luke were here he would know what I was forgetting. LUKE!!! That was what I was forgetting, Luke how is everyone? Is Chris okay? I have to get back! I started fighting against the darkness, I tried to go back, but it was useless, the darkness hold on me was to tight, and I could do nothing. It was so frustrating! The darkness that before felt comforting, now felt suffocating.

After what felt like an eternity, I made to some sort of island, made of darkness as well. I laid down in the sand, knowing I wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon. I don't think I laid there for long before, there came a bright white light. Even after the light had faded to a nicer volume, I still couldn't see out of my eyes. After a few minutes in silence I decided my eyes would be okay if I opened them. So I did.

And there in front of me stood Steffen, Miles and my mom, I didn't even know she had died. It brought tears to my eyes seeing them again, even if my mom had never really acknowledged me. But why would they be here, they were dead, it was then it drew on me, I was dying. That made me cry harder. "Are you guys here to take me to wherever dead people go?" I asked. "No darling we are here simply to keep you company till you either die or your friends save your life." My mom answered. "When did you die mom?" It bothered me I hadn't known of her death, even if I didn't love her all that much she was still my mom. "A few months after you left, I was diagnosed with level 4 cancer I died shortly after. I know I was a horrible mother Katelyn ignoring my own child, but at that point in time I truly believed that what I was doing was alright." Mom told me with tears streaming down her face. "I can't forget what you did mom, but I will forgive you." I couldn't hold a grudge against her, not when she died. And she was one of the few who stuck by me for quite some time, and even when she tried to ignore me, she would sometimes help me out a little. But even with that I could never forget. That was something Lukas had taught me, forgive but don't forget.

"What about me Katelyn? Do you forgive me too?" Steffen asked. "I already did, but I don't love you Miles, even if we are mates I can't say I love you." I told Steffen. "I don't deserve your love anyway Katelyn, but I'm glad I at least got your forgiveness in the end. That will make the afterlife that much easier." Steffen answered to my statement. "I'm glad you understand Steffen, but I must say I admire the way you went down." He just smirked at me. "Miles why did you go down, there were plenty of openings in your opponent's defence?" It had nagged me since he died, why didn't he take the chances that were shown? "I couldn't hurt her Katelyn, just the thought of my claws getting near her skin was enough to make me feel sick. I... She... She was my mate Katelyn." And with that simple answer I understood, he couldn't hurt as doing so would have killed him inside out. "Killed by your own mate huh, that must suck." I didn't really know what to say. "Yea it really did, but that's the good thing about the afterlife I guess. You get to choose who you want to fall in love with." That sounded like such a great thing, getting to choose who you want to spend the rest of one's life with. "Katelyn darling our time here are up and so are yours, we will see each other again." My mom bid me farewell. And even though it hurt I knew I had to let them go. The brightness returned, and I closed my eyes. When I opened them again everything was dark, and my family was gone. I felt the island I as on, slowly sink into the darkness, and I accepted the darkness. The darkness consumed me, till there was nothing left and it was like I was never there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there it seems there will be another chapter, I know it's a cliffhanger but I really just didn't want to write anymore on this story for now, so I decided to post what I had.

Please do comment and vote.

-Maria