Chapter XXX

Luke's POV

As I might have mentioned before, demigod dreams aren't just dreams. They are mystical omens and visions that have to mean things. In my dreams that night, I ran. Ran from a monster that I knew I couldn't defeat. Frowning, I tried to muster the courage to spin and fight. Nothing. Then, I heard his voice.

Luke.

"What?"

Just listen. Remember, there are ears everywhere.

Go on, I said silently as I continued running.

Do not be afraid. I will help you fulfill your dreams. I know you dream of felling Olympus. I know you dream of revenge on the Olympians. I can help. I can make that happen.

How do you know what I want? I asked.

I've been listening. I have ears in the mortal world too. I know you, Luke. I know your hatred, your need for vengeance. I know your dream of watching Olympus fall. You aren't the only one with this dream. If we help each other, then it will be a dream no more. It will be a vision, then a historical event.

How can you do that? I asked, wary of the scraping voice.

I have my ways.

What's in it for me?

An accomplished dream. A fulfilled hope. And then anything. Anything that you want, I shall give to you as a reward for being the first. If you want a peaceful life with that girl of yours, you shall have it. If you want power and prestige, you shall have it. Anything will be yours, Luke, after we raze Mount Olympus. I promise.

Wait, I called silently as the dreamscape began fading and the snake of a voice began retreating.

Yes?

What is your name?

I am Kronos, Lord of Time and King of the Titans.

With that, bright sunlight invaded my vision, and I woke. That was the first meeting.