Just One Kiss

MAYA'S POV:

My feet stomp the ground roughly as I make my way towards Josh's dorm room, which happens to be only two streets away from Riley's.

"Maya, you can't do this! I'm sorry!" Riley shouts not too far behind me.

I whip my head around, facing her, standing in front of Josh's door. "For what, Riley? What the hell could you have possibly done to that asshole to make him choose her over me?"

Riley purses her lips gently and takes a step forward.

"Exactly," I whisper.

My fingertips graze over the metal doorknob as Riley speaks again. "I can't control what Lucas does, but I do know that it took you a long time to get over Josh. Going in there is just going to mess everything up again."

"Like it isn't already fucked up?" I mutter under my breath, turning the doorknob.

To my relief, the door was already unlocked. I walk in and see Josh and another boy sitting across each other on their beds, talking.

"Maya? Riley?" Josh questions, rising from the bed.

The other boy quickly stands up next to Josh. "Who is this?" he asks, raising his eyebrows and scanning me up and down.

I push past the boy, knocking him on the bed, and plant my lips on Josh's. My arms snake around his neck as I feel his hands grasp my waist.

"What the fuck just happened?" Josh breathes, breaking the kiss quickly.

I finally kissed Joshua Matthews. I finally kissed the boy I had been waiting to kiss for years.

I did it.

I can finally get over Lucas.

"Please, don't tell me you didn't like it..." I smirk, eyeing Josh.

I hear footsteps approach behind me. "We are leaving. Now."

I whip my head around. "N–"

"Maya isn't leaving," Josh interrupts, pushing past me and stepping in front of Riley.

"I'm not?" I chuckle.

Josh glances over his shoulder and looks at me.  Something in his eyes click, and he seems determined to keep me there. "No, we need to talk."

All it took was one kiss. One simple, easy little kiss on his glossy lips was all it took to reel him in. One kiss that I needed to get over Lucas.

"Maya?" Riley questions, looking over Josh's shoulder.

"I'll be there in a minute, Riles," I assure.

"Okay," she whispers, backing out of the room hesitantly.

Riley steps out of the room as I turn to Josh and let out a chuckle. "Josh, you don't have to pretend to like me, I just needed one–"

"And what if I liked it?" he whispers with his eyebrows raised, stepping closer to me.

"Y-You liked it?" I stutter uncontrollably, "I though you... I thought you said I was too young for you."

Josh lets out a soft chuckle that has a butterfly effect on my heart. "If you thought that, why'd you come in and kiss me like that?"

Josh gazes into my eyes with full control. His hazel eyes glisten underneath the light as he extends his right hand onto my cheek, gradually pulling me in closer to his body.

"I think you and I got something to talk about, don't we, Ms. Hart?"

With Josh's hand resting upon my cheek and our bodies touching, my mind could not form an answer. Joh picks up rather quickly.

"We don't need to talk," he whispers in my ear, before grasping my back with his other hand and pressing our lips together.

Seconds, possibly minutes pass and before I can fathom what had happened, I am lying on Josh's bed as he lays on top of me. Our lips continue moving before I hear footsteps enter the room.

"Maya! Josh!" Riley shouts from the doorway, looking pissed as ever.

Josh's hands leave my back and our lips unconnect as he leaps up from me. "Riley, we were just–"

"Josh, I'm not five anymore. I can obviously see you making out with my best friend!" she screams, motioning her arms to me.

"What the fuck just happened?" I whisper under my breath, hoping no one could hear.

Josh whips his head around rather angrily towards me. "What the hell do you mean? I thought this is what you've always wanted?"

He takes another step closer as he reaches out for a piece of my long, wavy blonde locks and begins to run his fingers through my hair. "Don't tell me you didn't like it either, Hart."

"I did," I whisper hesitantly.

"Good girl," he smiles dangerously, causing my lips to quiver.

Off to the side, Riley looks as if she will snap at any moment. "We. Are. Leaving," she shouts as she yanks on my arm, pulling me away.

Josh's eyes lock once again into mine, almost like a trance. A trance that Josh knows exactly how to control. "Now, Maya!"

"Bye," I whisper.

Out of the corner of my eye, Josh glances at me up and down, grinning. Riley sees what is happening and pulls me off into the girls' bathroom across the hall. "What just happened?! First you demand to see Josh, then you kiss him, and almost do other things?! I have no idea what you were even thinking, I mean you could have--"

"Riley, it's over. I'm over Lucas."