Magic Dearie

Emma has been staring at the gold rope for what feels like half an hour. She just couldn't believe it. She knew magic existed, but did this mean.. she had it? Emma Swan and magic? That couldn't been true, that was impossible. Where was that creepy little man when you needed him? Just as she thought that she heard a voice. "Well, well dearie." Emma turned around, the man was smiling his creepy smile. His dark green eyes stared at the gold rope. He giggled. "I think it's time for me to introduce myself." he said. "My name is Rumplestilkstin, but people tend to call me, Mr. Gold." He giggled again. Emma shivered. He clicked with his fingers, there now was a second spinning wheel in the room. He sat down and started spinning, the straw immediately turned into gold. Emma looked at his hands, covered with green skin, casually spinning straw into gold. Did she have the same powers as this man? The so called, Ruplestilskin, or whatever his name was. She damn well hoped not, his powers seemed so dark, so bad. He stopped spinning and looked at Emma. "Magic dearie, magic." With that he disappeared again and so did the two spinning wheels and the gold. Emma was alone in the basement again, surrounded by complete silence and darkness. She sat down against the wall. His words in her head; "Magic dearie, magic." She sighted. Did this mean she really had magic? Emma Swan had powers? Her head was spinning, she felt like she was going insane. Magic... it scared her a little. Emma knew very well how dangerous magic could be. It destroyed lives. It hurt people.

{Flashback}

Emma Swan was 4 years old. A family adopted her. Emma had been in those special houses (foster system in our world) all her life. The kids in there are called the lost kids, there were about 10 kids in the house she was in. Not everyone got along and Emma was very happy when she heard she got a family. She loved them, she loved her new family. She smiled a lot, and whenever she did, her beautiful green eyes would light up and start to sparkle. She had two dads and a brother. Her brother was about 3 years older, he used to be a lost kid too. His name was August. Whenever they played together he was Pinocchio and Emma was a princess. They always had a lot of fun and barely fought. Emma had asked her dads why they had to adopt their children. They laughed. "Males can't let a little baby grow in there belly" they said. "They don't have enough space in their bellies for a baby." Emma was a little confused. She thought males should be able to have a baby, it was rude that only females could have a baby in their belly. "Well, that's mean." Emma said to them. They smiled. They loved her.

Emma had some friends in the neighborhood, she played with them quite a lot, always outside. One day one of her dads went to get some wood while she was playing with her friends. Her other dad was a little ill so he stayed in bed to rest. He gave Emma and August a kiss on their had and told them to be careful and went off. He was walking down the forest. They have this one spot where they always get there wood. It was a bit far from home, but it was worth it. He looked at the deer running around, the birds flying and singing. It was a peaceful walk. While he was walking it got colder and the sun this appeared. He looked at the sky above him. It was red, the sky was filled with red clouds. It worried him a little, he knew this wasn't a ordinary cloud, it was magic. It was really close to him now, he couldn't see clearly anymore, everything was a red blur. He probably passed out for a moment, because when he opened his eyes a dragon stood in front of him. It was huge and it seemed hungry. The dragon groaned, fire came out of is mouth. The fire touched dad's skin, burning his arm. He screamed in pain. He walked backwards, holding his arm. He bumped against a tree. The dragon was still in front of him. Why was it here? Why did it attack him? He never hurt anyone, he has been a good dad. A good person. Always helping other people. Yet there was a dragon in front of him right now, probably ready to kill him. Emma's dad felt powerless. He was trapped, couldn't go anywhere. He looked the dragon is its eyes. It was going to kill him, he was sure about it. The dragon lifted its claw and smashed it down, slicing the throat of Emma's dad. He fell down on the grass, took one last breath and died. His lifeless body laying in the grass. Gone. He was gone.

{End of flashback}