Saying goodbye

Chapter 2: Savannah's POV: Saying Goodbye

"Savannah, are you listening?" my friend, Rebecca asked. She knew me as much as she knew herself and so she knew when something was up with me. Kind of like a mother would with her child. Which was why she was nicknamed, Mama Mia like the movie.

"Uh, yeah. I was just thinking," I replied as I fixed my slightly smudged mascara.

"What were you thinking about?" my other friend Amy asked while she brushed my wavy blonde hair. Even thought her brown hair was just as soft, she preferred doing my hair.

"I was wondering if camp was going to be any fun. If I have to leave you guys it should at least be for something interesting," I told them.

"Of course it'll be fun," Any assured me. "There are probably gonna be some smoking hot guys there." I rolled my eyes. Somehow we always ended up talking about guys.

"There will be," Rebecca agreed. "There's usually one or two." So much for being the mother of the group. But then again I should have expected this; Rebecca changed constantly. One moment she's like my mother scolding at me for anything that I had done wrong and the other she's my crazy and fun best friend. But that's just what I loved about her; her unpredictability.

"Many they'll end up fighting over you," Amy suggested.

"No, thank you. That's too much drama and I already have a boyfriend. John. Remember him? Yeah, his your boyfriend's friend."

"So what? You'll be away for two months. You can do whatever you want," Amy joked. "What happens in camp, stays in camp."

Rebecca and I looked at her and then I cocked my eyebrow. I couldn't help myself and neither could Rebecca so we ended up leaning against the counter laughing our heads off.

Amy looks from Rebecca to me not understanding why we were laughing. Suddenly her eyes widen in realization. "I was just joking, you guys."

That just made us laugh harder. A few tears rolled down my cheek as I tried to stop laughing. Unfortunately, I slipped.

Rebecca grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "Thanks."

She nodded. "You ready to stop laughing?"

"Yeah," I replied. Holding a hand to my mouth, I stopped a few chuckles that were threatening to come out.

Now that Rebecca was more calm and collected she commented, "Amy that was beyond funny. First of all, the two guys fighting over her is too twilight-ish especially if they end up being a vamp and a werewolf. Or even if they're from opposing clans or whatever. Second of all, you just made my day. What happens in camp, stays in camp. That's a classic."

That just made it harder for me to stop laughing. My tummy was starting to rumble with laughter. I should be worried about exploding but it was impossible to think that when I was watching a spectacle this funny.

"I never said they were a vamp and a werewolf," she retorted innocently.

"I know but that's where you were heading," I responded then quickly shutting my mouth again.

She slightly blushed. "That is so... true." Rebecca joined in as I allowed my laugher to flow free. Typical Amy. Always being a hopeless romantic.

"But you were the one that always thought that," Amy remarked defending herself. I knew without asking that she was talking to me.

"When I was 12," I rebuffed. My laugher had worn down and I felt more relaxed. I could always count on Rebecca and Amy to do that.

"Whatever. You still thought that."