Chapter 1

Her writings
'Thinking.'
Bee talking
Texting
………………………………………………………
I sat up and grabbed my notebook, turning to the the page I was working on Brittany stared at the rain from the seat she was in, thinking of the choice she has to make when she heard her mother's high heels coming closer "Brittany, have you thought about-?" "This choice is mine and mine alone to make!" Brittany shouted as she ran from the room, up the stairs, and the only sound was the sound of Brittany's door slamming. The sound echoed thought the almost completely abandoned house."

Knock knock
"Come in." I said and set my notebook back down. I turned to see a nurse, I've never seen before, walk over to me "Where's Terri?" "She was transferred to New York. I am your new personal nurse, my name is June Darby." Mrs. Darby answered then sat up with my medications. "Ok, well, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Darby." I said. "Here is your medicine." She said as she handed me my morning pills and a glass of water. I took it then said "Tell me about yourself." "Well, I'm a local nurse and I have a 17 year old son named Jack." She replied. "What about your husband?" I asked shifting my sitting position. "He left." She said quietly "If you need anything just call." Then walked out of my room. I looked over on my nightstand to see that she left her cell. Quickly I grabbed it and texted the first number I found.
"Excuse me ma'am or sir, I know that this isn't my phone but I am in the hospital and no one comes to visit me. I have no friends or family, can you be my friend?"
"Who is this?"
"My name is Victoria."
"How do you get this phone?"
"My new personal nurse left it on my nightstand, in my hospital room."
"…sure I'll be your friend."
"Thanks! Ill write this number down and call you later, cause I have to go!" I quickly wrote the number down then deleted the messages and put the phone back just as Mrs. Darby walked back in "Oh, there it is." "Mrs. Darby is there a way to run a phone in here?" I asked as she grabbed her phone "Yes, why?" "Well, I thought I could call an old friend of mine." I lied. "Sure." She replied with a smile. "Thank you." I smiled back as she left.

-few minutes later-
Mrs. Darby had brought an old phone but I didn't care. I waited for everyone to leave my room before I grabbed the number and dialed it. The phone rang three times before someone answered "Hello?" "Hey! It's me, Victoria, the girl who texted you earlier." I said "So, you sound so manly! What is that even a word? I not really sure! Sorry, it's just your my first friend since I got stuck in this hospital. My so called best friends all left whenever I was in here for more than a few months and I really want someone like you to hang with." I was about to cry "Anyway! Tell me about yourself." The line was heart stopping quiet when I heard a sigh "Well..."

-hours later-
"Wow! That's amazing, your a doctor! Maybe you should came to Jasper Hospital and visit me some time." I said then yawned. "Tired?" He asked. "No!" I said but yawned again "I want to heard more about these aliens you speak of." "Call tomorrow around the same time and I'll tell you more." He said. "Promise?" I asked. "Promise." He replied. "Wait! Before you go you never told me your name." I said. "Well I can't exactly tell you my name but I can tell a nickname." He said "As long as you go to bed after." "I will." I said with a smile. "Some of my friends call me Ratchet." He replied and my smile grew "Alright, well good night then, Ratchet. Talk to you tomorrow." And we both hung up. I laid back on my bed and sighed 'Is it possible to fall in love with someone you just met over the phone?' Then I fluffed up my pillow before falling asleep.