Chapter SIX

"What in tha hell are you doin' here?" I ask, my head totally messed up. What was Game doin' here? Raidin' the place? "Yo breakin' inta tha school?"

"N-no, I go here," Game says afta a few seconds. His accent was all funny and uppa-class like.

"What do you mean you go here? What's goin' on with yo voice? Why yo speakin' like that, uh?"

Game shakes his head and clears his throat. "I didn't want ya ta find out this way, Cessa," he says in his usual voice.

"Find what out this way?" He was talkin crap now, this is not my Game.

"I'm not who ya think I am, Cessa." He holds up his hands, palms out at me as if tamin' a wild animal. His voice changes back ta tha uppa-class one. "I'm one of the rich kids. My real name is Trevor Irioné."

"Irioné," I repeat. I passed this rich house called Irioné mansion earlia taday, on tha way here. "I saw a bike." My head shot up in realization. "Yo bike. At that rich house. Irioné mansion." My voice turns apprehensive. "That's how you got that bike! That's why you got that bike, anyway, uh. Spyin' on tha poor kids." I turn ta walk outta tha trees. "I knew you couldn't have worked fa that."

Game knows what I mean by 'work'. He knows I mean deal, do favas, cheat, lie, steal. Well, he definitely cheated and lied. I storm outta the trees and he lets me. I have ta admit he did pretty good makin' me believe him fa all these years. But that's not important right now. Right now I'm havin' too much fun with all these new rich people fa Game ta get me down. 

<<=+=>>

Since this school has a certain standard, I've had to spend the whole day learning how to spell and pronounce words properly. Since learning these, I'll be accounting my life with proper spelling from now on - well, mostly - but y'all can still imagine the accent, right?

I see a couple of prissy rich chicks with swish bags saying "Prada" on little gold rectangles hooked on their arms. I'd heard of this Prada stuff: real swank; costs loads. Time to go to work. 

I seem fascinated by the building, so big and all. Outta the corner of my eye, I see two little gold rectangles. I crash into the rich chicks.

"Urgh!" the blonde one screams. "What is wrong with you?"

"Oh... my god," the redhead gasps. "No! This is a one-of-a-kind Givenchy couture summer dress!"

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," I apologize profusely. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Ya," the redhead scowls. "Like, get away from us!"

I walk away, a devious smile on my face, because in my pockets are two sparkly [wallets/purses], two super-skinny cell phones and two gold rectangles. Haha, yo just got played, bitches.

<<=+=>>

"Cessa," my dad begins. "Where did you get those?"

I was arranging my prizes on my bed. We were moving to the city in two days and I was wrapping up my steals.

"Here and there," I reply vaguely. "What's it to ya?"

He shakes his head mumbles something that sounds like "Nothing" and leaves me. I get my backpack out from under my bed, stash my steals inside it, and bury them underneath a couple of spare clothes, weapons, matches, a little food, water, and a few other things. The hell was I going with him. I'd make sure Ri and Vic were all good, then I'd leave. I knew where I needed to go and my dad couldn't stop me there.

<<=+=>>

The day of the move and we're all set to go. Our dad has a car now, and a nice one too. In my head I debate on trying to steal the little metal person with wings on the hood of the car, or even just the little rectangle with 2 Rs on it, but my dad would know and he'd probably shoot me before I could get away. So, needless to say, I decide against it.