8

Drinking won't fix anything, Howell.

"Mr. Howell, are you listening?" Dan perked up in surprise at the mention of his name, wincing as the whole class snickered. "Yes, Ms. Jackson?"
(( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

"I said, are you listening?" The tall woman replied, eyeing the small boy down. Dan gulped as more people continued to laugh, but forced himself to keep a straight face.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied quietly, sinking into his seat as the class continue to pelt him. He stared down at his lap area, blinking back the tears. He refused to cry, they were already shitting on him enough.

He glanced over at Phil, who was looking at him sympathetically. Dan raised an eyebrow at Phil's new show of emotion, and the boy looked away, running a hand through his black and blue hair. Dan sighed, staring at the clock as he awaited his escape.

3.

2.

1.

RING!!!

The rustling of clothes and books could be heard as the students filed out rapidly to lunch. Dan gathered up his stuff slowly and put it in his bag, making sure he was the last one out. As he headed towards the door, he realized something.

Phil was still here.

Dan speed-walked towards the door, not stopping until he reached his locker. He clicked open his lock sloppily, shoving and grabbing random crap out of his locker before slamming it shut. Just as he was about to turn around, he heard him.

"Sup, Howell." Phil greeted. "I need to talk you."

"Let's not." Dan replied quickly, doing his best to push past the boy as he stumbled down the hallway. He almost made it out the door before someone grabbed his wrist, pulling him outside and behind a wall.

His wrist. He remembered that day. The pink.

"What the hell, Phil?!" Dan yelled, only to get a hand over his mouth. "Shut up, Howell. I'm not trying to get more attention-ew, what the fuck?!"

Dan giggled as Phil rapidly wiped his hand off on his jacket. He had licked it.

"You're fucking disgusting, you know that Dan?" Phil spat in disgust, but Dan could've sworn he heard a hint of playfulness in Phil's voice.

"Since when is my name Dan? And why did you drag me outside, you creep?" Dan asked, leaning his shoulder against the wall beside them. Phil stared at him for a moment, copying his actions.

"I want you to meet me somewhere tonight." Phil said, continuing to study the boy in front of him. Dan raised an eyebrow.

"Are you asking me on a date, Phil? How do I know you're not just gonna murder me somewhere?"

Phil put on a fake hurt expression. "I'm offended, Howell. And considering the incident this morning, you obviously don't have much to live for. Meet me at the school gates at 11:30."

And as Phil walked away, Dan began to think.

Did he really have anything to live for?