4

I got released a month after I was charged. It turned out that Will, though he appeared to be a coward, had notified the police that I was innocent. That Jeff had been the one who had beaten the young men, only after they had first assaulted me. He would have said something sooner if he wasn't terrified, that they might come after him, and that he would disappoint his parents, who idolized Randy's parents as they were very influential in the city. Will had been forced to invite the bullies to his party which took place at his family's beach house. He drove up with Jeff. Not long after they arrived so did the other guests and things were going well, they started up a decent sized bonfire to add to the ambiance. Will said he had spent time with Jeff as not many people that had been invited liked my brother. He told me he had gone to go get something to drink, when Randy and one of his pals had arrived. He said he heard them before he saw them, they made a racket, provoking guests. He said that when he saw the two, they were holding bottles, which he assumed Randy had stolen from his dad. He saw them make their way around the area, until one of them spotted Jeff. They made a B-line for my brother. Will kept his distance but watched as Randy went up to him. He recalled what he had said,

"Schizo, at a party, now I've seen everything. Did the little guy invite you too? that's a coincidence huh? Hey... HEY! Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Will said Randy grabbed Jeff's face. "I think I'm going to have to train you like your little puppy. Hmm ... you look tired Schizo, get some rest."

Will said, that Jeff was shoved off of the log bench he was sitting on, and was kicked by Randy. "what's the matter Schizo? Not going to fight back?" he beat on Jeff more. "lost your nerve cause you have an audience? you're playing pacifist well" He kicked Jeff repeatedly in the stomach, then after a moment knelt down beside him. The only things Will heard were the fire, the waves, and Randy's voice. "learned your lesson yet Schizo?" Jeff spat in his face. Will watched as the thug grabbed my brother by his shirt and screamed in his face, "GO TO SLEEP YOU DAMNED BASTARD!!" he raised his hand and swung down, breaking the bottle over my brother's head making him bleed. His pal stepped back, away from the action. Randy stood dropping the shattered neck of the bottle. "there, Showed him! This is why you never mess with the Warren Family! Haha!"

All Will could do was stare in awe. He told me how in a moment Jeff, looking ragged, was behind Randy. How he grabbed his left arm and pulled back. He braced himself wrapping his own right arm around Randy's neck making his eyes widen. He pulled back until there was a loud CRACK and the bully cried out in agony. Jeff let him go and he dropped to his knees clutching his limp left arm. Will mentioned how he was going to attack again when Randy's friend called out and he went after him instead. How the guy ran and Jeff tackled him. He said he could only assume there was a scuffle as the bonfire was blocking the way. He was told Jeff clung to the guy's back attempting to strangle him. However the friend had thrown my brother off of him and to everyone's shock, into the fire. He screamed and panicked as his clothing quickly caught on fire then his hair. Soon he was completely ablaze. He climbed out of the fire as quickly as possible then collapsed and began rolling around on the ground. Emergency responders came right away and things were dealt with quickly. Will said he knew it had gone too far and he needed to tell the truth.

He told me all this while I was waiting outside my brother's hospital room.