Decode the Antidote

I'm so happy with the title of this chapter. It rhymes! 😂
*****
(Dipper's POV)

"We'll be right back with Ghost Harrasers after these dumb messages!" the television voice guy said with fake enthusiasm. Ugh, these commercials are not only stupid, but they are super long. It will take forever for Ghost Harrasers to return back. I sighed heavily before tapping my fingers against the surface of the couch. Mabel was sound asleep and I did not want to wake her up.

"AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" Mabel's sudden screaming scared the living out of me. I asked worriedly,"Mabel! What happened? For one second, you were asleep and the next, you were screaming."

"B-B-Bill.....H-he was......" Mabel stammered nervously. Something bad must have happened, considering that Mabel said the demon's name.

"Wait, Bill? Did he invade into your mind again?" I asked again, feeling scared. Mabel nodded slowly in response as she stared quietly at her tail. I knew Bill would not give up that easily after Mabel decided not to take the deal.

"Did he come back to make a deal with you again?"

"Yeah," Mabel answered softly and paused for a while, with a look of uncertainty on her face,"And I accepted it."

"WHAT?!?!" I yelled, a wave of shock going through me,"Are you crazy?!? Don't you remember the last time I made a deal with him?! He ripped me out of my body, Mabel!"

"I know, I know. But this deal can help turn us back into our normal human selfs!" Mabel exclaimed urgently as she looked up to face me.

"But that doesn't matter! Bill will always try to make some sort of loophole in his deal so that he can get what he wants while we will get something even worse in return!" I shouted angrily at Mabel. I can't believe that Mabel was that dumb enough to trust Bill!

"Sorry Dipper, I had to take it! If not, we will be turned into full animals as soon as we know it!" Mabel yelled, tears almost escaping her eyes. I was immediately stunned after hearing her sentence.

"What do you mean 'full animals'?" I questioned suspiciously while folding my arms. Mabel then replied with a terrified look on her face,"It means that you are going to turn into deer and I'm going to turn into a fish in a month's time!"

I did not expect this already horrible summer to become even worse. I started to panic in my mind while on the outside, I tried to stay as calm as possible.

"What was the deal anyway?" I asked as calmly as I could. Mabel replied casually,"Well, Bill would give me the recipe of the antidote while I had to just knit him a fabulous sweater."

"Wait, seriously? A handmade sweater in return for the recipe of the cure of the monster transformation?" I asked, realising that the deal sounded very suspicious,"Where is the recipe anyway?"

"Oh, Bill put it in my mind. But it is in some kind of weird ancient symbol language."

Hopefully the antidote isn't a fake. I grabbed Journal 1 and a pen from my vest and flipped to a blank page before saying,"Mabel, write down the symbols on the page. Maybe the code can also be found in the journal."

"Yes Sir, Sir Dipping Sauce," Mabel exclaimed cheerfully as she held up her hand and saluted. I rolled my eyes while watching Mabel quickly scribbling down the symbols. I couldn't really get a grip on the code, but I remembered finding a page all about it in the journal. Mabel finally finished writing and gave the journal back to me. Some parts of the book was now soaked in water.

"Sorry about that. I couldn't find a good place to write it properly," Mabel apologised before smiling widely at me. I sighed annoyingly as I looked at the lines of symbols.