Chapter 2 : Zari's POV

Hopefully I'll see you around.

I watch as Lewis leaves the building and I sit there with a dumb smile on my face. I finally snap out of it I make my way back to 3rd period from the nurses office. I try to focus on what I studied last night for the test today but my mind keeps going back to Lewis.

His stark blue eyes and and that smirk that drives me crazy. His tall , built , slim frame that towers over me, and his dark brown curly hair. The heavy black jacket he always wears and the scent of lavender that he carries. He's one of the few American boys that go to our school and he seems to like staying under the radar , his only friend being Charlie. I swear , she gives you one look and you turn to stone. His brother Ryan is only a year below us and is like Lewis' twin , but a goody goody. He's known by everyone and I wonder if that causes problems between Lewis and Ryan.

I reach the door to my 3rd period , hand on the knob but I decide to take a trip to the restroom. I splash my face with water to get rid of my thoughts and pat away the water with a cloth. I look into the mirror and another flood of thoughts come into my brain. I look into my own eyes , so dark they're almost black. My black kinky hair seemed to gain more volume from the humidity and my cheeks a bit rosy. I look at my body , definitely not like the rest. I have a bigger bust and butt than most girls my age , and I hate looking at my assets everyday. I could use a little less fat here , and here , and he-

'Zari ?' My thoughts are interrupted by the voice of my friend Leslie.

'Hey , what's up ?' I pull in Leslie for a hug.

'Nothing ... I was sitting in class and you're usually back by this time , so I went in here to check for you. I swear you spend more time in the restroom than in class.'

I chuckle as I look at my love handles and focus back on Leslie. 'I think I'm going to leave early my head hurts quite a bit and I'm just not feeling the quiz. I'll make it up tomorrow. Tell me if anything important happens.'

Leslie looks at me concerned at first but the look gets washed away with a smile , 'Alright , text me when you get home , get some rest.'

Leslie hugs me again and makes her way back to class. I turn to go back to the nurses office and give the nurse an excuse to why I have to go home. I open the door to my home .

'Beck !' I yell up the stairs for my younger brother. I run up the stairs to my brothers room to see that the door is locked. Panic starts to run through me.

'Beck ! I swear if you don't open this door it'll be hell to pay.' I bang my fist against the door.
I promised mom and dad I would take care of him and if he's lost that's my ass.
I grab my phone and call Beck. Ring after ring after ring and there's still no answer. I stuff my phone into my jacket pocket and head out of the door to look for him.