Prologue- 2461

Cover made by @BornToBeAWriter

      It is the year 2461. 23 years after Brennan, the dictator, took over the U.S. and 18 years since he took over Canada. Except now, there wasn't "Canada" and "United States". There was just a very scattered and terrified North America. Right after I was born, a rebellion broke out, but people were so afraid of him, they fought for him, not against him. People are still fighting for him, and against him. My father was one of those fighting against him.

      When I was 10, I started having nightmares. My dad had been gone for less than 4 months. In the nightmares, I was on one side of a field, and he was on the other. I ran towards him. I ran up to hug him, but right then, he mouthed "sorry" and disappeared. I had this nightmare for weeks, before we got word that Dad had died in an explosion. It was almost like I could sense it.

       My twin brother Caleb promised he would protect me, after Dad died. And he still is, taking after Dad and fighting for our country. As soon as we turned 15, he enlisted and within a month, he was deployed. I know it's the right thing to do, but I wish he would come home.

      Ever since Dad left, my older sister Kaycie got really depressed. She basically never leaves her room. But 7 year old Olivia is the worst. She is adorably bubbly, and curious. She always asks me where Daddy and Caleb are because she never met her father. My mom found out she was pregnant a month after Dad left, so by the time she was born, Dad was already dead.

      My name is Avery Remington, and I have never known a world without war.

{{Author's Note!!}} Thanks everyone for reading! What do ya think so far?? I dedicated it to the ever so AH-mazing @DeadlyCupcakes because she has helped me so much with this story. From editing it, to helping my learn html for my thread, and showing me everything there is to know about making covers! Thanks BESTIEEE!